FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Fusion SEL
3.0L V6 / AWD

The wires that go to both VVT connectors on the motor of my car were cut through when my serpentine belt broke. There are 3 wires that go to each connector and I failed to mark which connector was plugged into what head before I removed them. Does anyone have a diagram that shows which colors go to the front VVT connector and which go to the back?

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive battery Car Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Gas

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are those the Variable Cam Timing (VCT) solenoids or the cam position sensor (CPS)? 3 wires, and where they are seem to be CPS instead.
VCT1/CPS1 is on the rear bank.
Font Slope Rectangle Parallel Technology

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are those the Variable Cam Timing (VCT) solenoids or the cam position sensor (CPS)? 3 wires, and where they are seem to be CPS instead.
VCT1/CPS1 is on the rear bank.
View attachment 105654
View attachment 105655
I’m not sure if they are vct or cps, there are three wires going to each connector, both have a green w/ white stripe wire & a purple w/ a green stripe wire, then the third wire for each is different. Looks like one is brown w/ blue stripe and the other a green w/ purple stripe. Based off of what you showed in the diagrams above and what you said would they be the cps?

thanks,
Cody

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yup, those are the CPS. they get power from PCM on the same color, ground on the same color, and the signal wire is different.
Organism Font World Slope Pattern

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, those are the CPS. they get power from PCM on the same color, ground on the same color, and the signal wire is different.
View attachment 105656
bangster, thanks again for the help. Just so I don’t screw something up, when you say cps1 goes to the rear bank, when I’m standing in front of the car looking at the motor, is the rear bank towards the firewall?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, bank 1 is towards the firewall, bank 2 is towards the radiator. Anything that is 1 or 2 (like O2 sensors, cats, CPS, VCT, etc) 1 will be the one at the firewall, and 2 will be at the radiator.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, bank 1 is towards the firewall, bank 2 is towards the radiator. Anything that is 1 or 2 (like O2 sensors, cats, CPS, VCT, etc) 1 will be the one at the firewall, and 2 will be at the radiator.
Dude, thanks a million. Your help is much appreciated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts