FordFusionClub.com banner

2012 Fusion TCM Location

9K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  fordfusionjohnny 
#1 ·
Trying to locate the transmission control module (TCM) on my 2012 Fusion SEL 3.0L V6 AWD. Does anyone know if it even has a separate TCM or if it’s incorporated in the ECM or another module?

I apologize if it’s already been posted by I haven’t been able to find any info. Any/all help provided is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Cody

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Discussion starter · #5 ·
the 6F35 doesn't have an external TCM, it is all in the transmission. Here are the 2 connectors:

All the TFT, OSS, TRS, SSx etc signals to/from the PCM are from that C1520A connector, C1520B is the TSS.
Bangster,

So is the TCM behind that front plate where C1520A plugs in? If so, can it be removed and repaired/flashed or replaced or do you have to have the PCM re-flashed?

The reason I ask is my serpentine belt broke and cut through the VVT wires going to the motor (I was not aware of the damage to the connectors at this time). After replacing the belt, I started up the car and took it for a short drive to make sure everything was working. The car seemed to be a little off so I popped the hood and that's when I saw that the wires were sliced. I patched everything back together with butt splices that have the heat shrink ends (I was mindful of matching the correct color/stripe combos of the wires). After I did that my car wouldn't start, it wouldn't even crank, nothing. My father-in-law brought over a computer to plug into the car and found that the car isn't even registering being in park which won't even allow the car to send a signal to the starter to crank the motor. We were able to pull the starter relay and run a jumper across it to get the car to start however when you put it in drive it's almost as if the car is starting out in 2nd or 3rd gear and has no power. We were thinking the TCM was shorted out when the wires were broken and that it needed to be re-flashed / replaced. Thoughts on this?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Besides the TRS signal, sounds like one of the shift solenoid wires is not hooked up. Do you get any codes at all, like for the TRS or for the solenoids, OSS, ISS, TSS?

Right on the other side of that pan the connector connects to is the shift solenoid frame with other sensors connected to it

Personally I think it sounds like a ground issue, I don't think the TRS (why it won't start thinking it isn't in park/neutral) or shift solenoids share much.
Bangster,
What a huge help, thanks. I did find that it was a ground issue, some wires either had the sheathing nicked or melted by something. I cut them where the wires we exposed, patched them with the butt splices that have heat shrink, then wrapped them in electrical tape and made sure the routing was good with clearance and away from anything hot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.