1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome
what size motor?
Its just the 2.5l

but I am trying to find someone who has the 3.0l v6 so I can get some exhaust components from them.... and wanting to get someone who might have a doner radio bezel so I can make some modifications for the tesla style radio to fit since they only make them for the 2013 and up at this point.

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
123 Posts
Change spark plugs and trans fluid and coolant (ford fluid only) every 30 thousand. Do not do trans flush too many horror stores from guys who have done the flush.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Change spark plugs and trans fluid and coolant (ford fluid only) every 30 thousand. Do not do trans flush too many horror stores from guys who have done the flush.
So, its ok to simply change the fluid on the trans, but just dont do the flush. I heard that the filter is inside the middle and you have to drop and split it in order to get to that....

Do you know anything about the timing belt / chain and how hard it is to do them with motor in car? I have done them before just not on this car....

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
123 Posts
By doing a flush you can get contaminants from someone ells crab.
Yes, the timing chain can be a bitch. If you're going that far do a water pump. I have read ware oem parts and gaskets are the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By doing a flush you can get contaminants from someone ells crab.
Yes, the timing chain can be a bitch. If you're going that far do a water pump. I have read ware oem parts and gaskets are the best.
Thanks for the info. I plan on doing that some time later this summer when i have another 3 day weekend lol.

Do you know of any tuners that have off the shelf tunes that would help the 2.5 not feel so heavy... I am comming from a pro tuned subaru legacy gt so I know that I wont have anywhere near that same power but there has to be something to get it to around 200 hp.... lol

and where is a good place to get parts like simple suspension to level out and slightly lower the car, aftermarket headlights, tail lights, etc....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts