FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Ford fusion for 2500 said it was a good daily driver come to find out it needed tires oil change almost $1,000 worth of tuning it up getting the air conditioner straight it's still showing or it started to show a engine sign which says Catalytic converter just like my last car the mechanic says that stuff is broken that it doesn't read right but I know my car is jumping when I'm sitting still so running 89 has helped that I don't have a manual it wasn't in the car when I bought it I put a can of Seafoam in it it's stopped jumping when I stop but now my warning light is blinking it used to just stay on. Can anyone give me a idea of what is going on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Blinking check engine light means a misfire bad enough that it can cause catalytic converter damage. If you truly want help here, post the actual OBD-II error codes (like P0420) instead of what someone or yourself have interpreted them to be.

Is putting enough money into the vehicle to get to functional for you worth it? I don't know. I also don't know the market where you are, but $2500 here won't buy much of a car, certainly not a decent 2010-2012 Fusion. Only takes a few small things needed to add up to quite a bit of money, but it also could only be 1 or months car payment, and if you get caught up on maintenance and keep up with it, then it should become a more economical vehicle, and you know when the last time things were changed or fixed and can plan.

If you only want the Owners Manual that would be in the glovebox you can go to https://www.ford.com/support/owner-manuals/ and get a download of it to reference on your computer.

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
226 Posts
just Alley
There are better products than seafoam ask auto parts store. Change the transmission fluid and coolant f you haven't already. There is a catalytic cleaner at auto stores read can instructions. You could have a dirty mass airflow sensor.
Wish we knew more. Just maybe you need a new mechanic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blinking check engine light means a misfire bad enough that it can cause catalytic converter damage. If you truly want help here, post the actual OBD-II error codes (like P0420) instead of what someone or yourself have interpreted them to be.

Is putting enough money into the vehicle to get to functional for you worth it? I don't know. I also don't know the market where you are, but $2500 here won't buy much of a car, certainly not a decent 2010-2012 Fusion. Only takes a few small things needed to add up to quite a bit of money, but it also could only be 1 or months car payment, and if you get caught up on maintenance and keep up with it, then it should become a more economical vehicle, and you know when the last time things were changed or fixed and can plan.

If you only want the Owners Manual that would be in the glovebox you can go to https://www.ford.com/support/owner-manuals/ and get a download of it to reference on your computer.
ty for your response there was no Manuel with the car unfortunately, but after driving it some I've come to find out it needs a tire pressure sensor cuz it's always says tire pressure default sensor on my dash but it lmk the tire pressure was low an stayed on the back 2 were about 10 pounds low after pumping up still went back to need a Tps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's probably why I got it so cheap it looks good runs good so far idk the code but Advance said catalytic converter. I had that fixed on the Mazda I had before this car an it still wouldn't run right. no power or throttle. they're saying engine is bad but I know better. mechanics unfortunately can't tell what really wrong with a car without that machine. makes it expensive if it's wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts