FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 ford fusion SE 2.5L with 105k miles. It was idling rough, vibrating at stops, poor acceleration and misfires. I gave it a tune up, with spark plugs, ignition coils, serpentine belt/tensioner, oil/filter change, removed, cleaned, recalibrated the throttle body, removed and cleaned the fuel injectors. Now I only have misfires when the AC is on. The AC seems to run good. No noises. No codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I disconnected the negative cable. I jumped the positive(still on the post) to the negative battery cable for 5 to 10 minutes.
Turned the car on and let it idle/relearn PCM for 10 minutes. Is this the same as you are mentioning?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I disconnected the negative cable. I jumped the positive(still on the post) to the negative battery cable for 5 to 10 minutes.
Turned the car on and let it idle/relearn PCM for 10 minutes. Is this the same as you are mentioning?
I did this PCM procedure again, except this time, after letting it idle for 10 minutes, I turned the AC on and let it cycle for a few minutes in PARK. I then put it in drive with emergency brake on and let it idle for another 2-3 minutes. I then drove it for twenty minutes and it seemed better, but not 100%. So close, but still misfires with the AC on.

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
226 Posts
You don't "jump" any cables. You take "both" cables off the battery. Then you touch the ends together for a good 5 minutes. Then you put the positive on first, then the negative. Then let in run for 5 minutes. Try the a/c

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't "jump" any cables. You take "both" cables off the battery. Then you touch the ends together for a good 5 minutes. Then you put the positive on first, then the negative. Then let in run for 5 minutes. Try the a/c
Okay. This is the procedure I saw on Youtube from a Ford mechanic. I'll try your procedure tomorrow morning and let you know. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jumper wire:) Jumper wire from positive to negative is same as touching ends together. Except you are removing the positive from the post. I hope it works.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still the same. Seems to be better in the morning when it's only 80 degrees. When I get out of work, it's 105 degrees and it seems to misfire more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, but I was able to fix it yesterday afternoon. I replaced the throttle body. Even though I removed and cleaned the old one, it did not fix it. I ordered a new one last week and replaced it yesterday and recalibrated it, and no more misfire.
This car should be good for another 50k miles:) I appreciate your help. I did view the youtube video and it's definitely worth keeping for future issues. Thanks again!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts