FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 2011 Ford fusion and it starts the vibrate at high speeds. Not bad or anything just enough to feel there Is something wrong. I took it to the dealership twice and they did everything to the tires but I am still having this issue! What else should I look in to or at least tell the dealership to look in to?

·
Super Moderator
5,737 Posts
Hi I just bought a 2011 Ford fusion and it starts the vibrate at high speeds. Not bad or anything just enough to feel there Is something wrong. I took it to the dealership twice and they did everything to the tires but I am still having this issue! What else should I look in to or at least tell the dealership to look in to?
Hi Matt. What exactly did "They did everything to the wheels" include? What exactly is "high speed"? At what speed does the vibration begin? Do you feel it in the steering wheel, only in the seat of your pants/generally? Both? Do you feel it when you brake? If yes, does it get worse when you brake? How old are the tires? How much tread, in millimeters, is left on your tires? What PSI do you have your tires inflated to? Since you just purchased it, did you have an alignment performed on your car?

Here are some possible culprits: Any of many worn suspension parts/issues. Bent wheel/wheels. Out of balance wheels/tires. Defective/out of round tires. Warped brake rotors (if you feel it more when you brake). Extremely worn tires.

And again, what do you consider "high speed"?

You can also try rotating your tires to see if the vibration changes location, i.e. front to back, left to right etc. It may help you narrow it down.

Get back to us with answers to those questions and we can try to direct you from there.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts