FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've read about this a few times. The majority of posts Ive read tried changing many things. Coil packs, engine mounts, torque mount (dogbone), Transmission mount, plugs.. The only one I've read that said it was solved was replacing the transmission mount.

The symptoms seem to be the same though.

Vibration at idle at stop under load.
A/C compressor makes it a little worse.
Put in Neutral and the vibration goes away.

Looking for opinions or answers.

Paul T.

·
Super Moderator
5,727 Posts
Okay, I've read about this a few times. The majority of posts Ive read tried changing many things. Coil packs, engine mounts, torque mount (dogbone), Transmission mount, plugs.. The only one I've read that said it was solved was replacing the transmission mount.

The symptoms seem to be the same though.

Vibration at idle at stop under load.
A/C compressor makes it a little worse.
Put in Neutral and the vibration goes away.

Looking for opinions or answers.

Paul T.

Hi Paul . First...despite once having a great group of members, participation here on the Ford Fusion Club has dropped precipitously in the last few years, as you can see by the scarcity of recent posts. So you may be able to get more help here: https://www.fordfusionforum.com/

Next...Blind Internet diagnosis is hazardous at best, and ridiculously inaccurate at worst. In your case, the problem could be be any of those issues. My blind Internet diagnosis would guess at an engine, transmission or "torque mount". I would tentatively rule out plugs, coils, the PCM etc, as they would normally throw a code and/or not usually go away when in neutral.

Try over on the Ford Fusion Forum. Perhaps one of the tech members will jump in with some help. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul . First...despite once having a great group of members, participation here on the Ford Fusion Club has dropped precipitously in the last few years, as you can see by the scarcity of recent posts. So you may be able to get more help here: Ford Fusion Forum

Next...Blind Internet diagnosis is hazardous at best, and ridiculously inaccurate at worst. In your case, the problem could be be any of those issues. My blind Internet diagnosis would guess at an engine, transmission or "torque mount". I would tentatively rule out plugs, coils, the PCM etc, as they would normally throw a code and/or not usually go away when in neutral.

Try over on the Ford Fusion Forum. Perhaps one of the tech members will jump in with some help. Good luck.
Thanks for your opinion and direction. Its unfortunate that participation has dwindled. These forums are very heelpful.

Paul T.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts