FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ford Fusion SE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion SE with the base automatic, but I was wondering if and how I can get it changed to the Selectshift automatic transmission (preferably style in second picture) or the standard six speed manual.

I understand that this is by no means cost effective, but ey, it would be a nice project if it is possible. So to any of you out there that know about this topic, my questions are -
-Is either conversion possible?
-What would have to be changed to make either happen (other than the center console bits)?
-What's the approximate amount this could set me back?
-Any tips or recommended ways to go through with this?

·
Registered
2011 Ford Fusion SE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Near as I can tell you have to have the sport transmission. Not a cheap to do
Yeah, but I might as well go for it once I get the money, current transmission feels like it just wants to snap itself in half

·
Registered
1 Posts
Near as I can tell you have to have the sport transmission. Not a cheap to do
I recently saw a 4 cylinder car that the thumb select shift +/- buttons. Not the same as the sport shifter but similar function. No reason to believe it wasn't factory but it was the first one I'd ever seen that way. It was an SE that had the 18" wheels and body matched grilles, kind of an unusual car.

Anyway, being that that car was a 4 cylinder makes me think this is possible on a regular 6F35. unless someone had swapped the shifter for some other reason with the wrong part.

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
I recently saw a 4 cylinder car that the thumb select shift +/- buttons. Not the same as the sport shifter but similar function. No reason to believe it wasn't factory but it was the first one I'd ever seen that way. It was an SE that had the 18" wheels and body matched grilles, kind of an unusual car.

Anyway, being that that car was a 4 cylinder makes me think this is possible on a regular 6F35. unless someone had swapped the shifter for some other reason with the wrong part.
Hi Joelius. Over the years, the Fusion has had 3 types of auto/manual shift types, according to model years:

In one, the driver performed manual up-shifts and downshifts by pushing/pulling the entire shift lever on the center console (as in the above photo).
Another was what you saw...two buttons on the shift lever...one for up-shifts and the other for downshifts.
The third was via upshift/downshift paddles on each side of the steering wheel.

Hope this information helps and good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts