FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A neighbor of mine has a 2011 Fusion SE. She is having sporadic brake pedal fade issues similar to the recall Ford has admitted to fixing on 2006-2010 models due to a faulty ABS modulator valve body.
Looking at the sticker on the drivers door, the car was built in July of 2010 but the VIN # lists it as a 2011. I read an article where in 2018 the NHTSA expanded the investigation to include up to 2012 Fusions. I have not heard anything further than the 2018 announcement so I don't know if Ford will also include cars up to 2012.
I was wondering when the 2011 production run started. I'd like to be informed about the details when I talk to the local Ford dealership about the issue.
The lowest online dealership price for an OEM modulator valve body is around $383.00 plus labor.

·
Super Moderator
5,839 Posts
A neighbor of mine has a 2011 Fusion SE. She is having sporadic brake pedal fade issues similar to the recall Ford has admitted to fixing on 2006-2010 models due to a faulty ABS modulator valve body.
Looking at the sticker on the drivers door, the car was built in July of 2010 but the VIN # lists it as a 2011. I read an article where in 2018 the NHTSA expanded the investigation to include up to 2012 Fusions. I have not heard anything further than the 2018 announcement so I don't know if Ford will also include cars up to 2012.
I was wondering when the 2011 production run started. I'd like to be informed about the details when I talk to the local Ford dealership about the issue.
The lowest online dealership price for an OEM modulator valve body is around $383.00 plus labor.
Hi kenrmer. Use the NHTSA website to input the VIN and determine if it has any recalls. It is accurate : Check for Recalls: Vehicle, Car Seat, Tire, Equipment

And just as an FYI: My older Lincoln MKZ is also under the ABS brake system recall, but the parts are still not available in Lincoln/Ford Dealerships.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts