FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of swapping out the factory navigation unit for a Kenwood DNX893S and I'm wondering how or if I could do it.

The only information I could find online is how to replace the non-navigation radio with a double DIN head unit, and when I looked into it the space behind the factory touch screen is too small to accommodate an aftermarket unit.

This got me to thinking if I could purchase the buttons and small LCD screen from a non-navigation unit, I could use an aftermarket bezel and install it that way. I'd like to keep as much functionality as possible (TCS, dual AC/climate zones, heated seats, interior lighting controls).

I've found listings for used bezels and controls online but they're often quite worn and in poor shape. Is there any way I could order new or slightly used OEM parts online without paying an exorbitant amount through Ford?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

For reference, this is essentially what I'm after, plus the LCD screen:
Ford Fusion Milan Heater AC Radio CD Control w Dash Bezel 9E5T18A802AE NICE OE | eBay

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a pristine bezel from a 2012 SE (non-nav) from when I installed my 9.7" Android tablet and Sony head unit.
I am in Canada, so easier shipping.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts