FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father in law just got a Silver 2010 Mazda 6 Grand Touring V6 and HOLY SHIT. I want one. If the new fusion is anything like this car I want one..and I want it now! I LOVE it. It's funny to he is so anti American vehicles and DEF. anti ford..He pulled up the my house I said oohhh nice fusion LOL. I then showed him his calipers that say FOMOCO on them..he just laughed. Anyway sooo yeah..nice car.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Yeah, the 6 is a nice car. I liked the look of the previous gen though. The newer one looks weird with the new styling and looks kinda bloated at some angles. I think they should've kept it the same size as the older one, it felt sportier. I also wish they would've made more 6 Wagons...

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 wagon is hot. When you look at the new 6 from the front it looks a lot like an rx-8 which is cool. It's a midsize sportscar with a lot of room and features for an awesome price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check out Sync before you decide between the Mazda 6 and the Fusion. In my opinion, Sync is good enough to throw the balance between two otherwise equal cars. If you have a big MP3 collection, you'll probably find Sync very cool.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I love the look of the 2010 6. Especially the back of the car :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
[quote author=smithbt5 link=topic=148792.msg3197180#msg3197180 date=1245956542]
Check out Sync before you decide between the Mazda 6 and the Fusion. In my opinion, Sync is good enough to throw the balance between two otherwise equal cars. If you have a big MP3 collection, you'll probably find Sync very cool.
[/quote]

I agree with this statement.

·
Premium Member
8,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doesn't matter..I'm not getting a new car..my wife is and it's an Edge. :) I was just raving about the 6..I'd get a fusion sport if I were looking for a new car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=148792.msg3214585#msg3214585 date=1246984533]
Doesn't matter..I'm not getting a new car..my wife is and it's an Edge. :) I was just raving about the 6..I'd get a fusion sport if I were looking for a new car.
[/quote]

The better buy if you have more than 25 k to spent on a performance mid size would be a G8 on fire sale right now (buddy of mine got a G8 GT for 26 basically without haggling) or an STI/Evo. Hell if you walked in with 24,000 cash you could probably get a new STi or Evo.

·
Registered
243 Posts
[quote author=biggee72 link=topic=148792.msg3214775#msg3214775 date=1246990853]
G8 would be great if it was a Ford.
[/quote]

If you need a mid to full size performance car for the money there is nothing else out there that comes close. Not to mention there are many out there near the 600 hp mark. If the M3 puts your balls in your stomach then a lightly modded G8 GXP 6 speed will have you choking on your testies. I am driving my friend's GT this weekend.

Nevertheless the economy should make short work of these things. Probably could pick up a G8 GXP by the end of this year for around 23,000. Trust me if there was a market for this car BMW did it right by producing limited numbers of M3/M5.

Ponitac was dumb to think people are going to buy a 30,000 full size rear wheel drive performance car that gets worse gas numbers than a 68 Mustang butt humping a 98 Civic. For what it is worth you should check around your local craigslist. There are lots of stupid people that bought this car thinking it would hold their value. Last I checked I Blue Booked a 08 GT for my buddy that had 4,000 miles. It Blue Booked at 19,000 and an 09 GT retails for 30,000. So at least the Fusion is not the worst residual value.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Wah?

I didn't know the 2010 Mazda6's were out. :shock: Don't you mean 2009?

and yeah G8's are dropping in value FAST, but on the flip side, of course, the G8 GT's are popping up all over the place. Most 2008 models are selling used for around $22-25k and some 2009 for $24-28k.

I'd hate to buy such a high performance car with such terrible fuel economy...not to mention, they'll be everywhere in about a year or so. I also loathe the interior design of most Pontiacs...

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
You have it backwards. The Fusion is built on the Mazda6 platform. Just thought you should know. ;)

The new 2009 Mazda6 is based off of the Mondeo platform and a sweet 3.7 L engine you will being seeing in future products under the blue oval.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts