FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know there have been some post about this already. My daughters 2010 Fusion started doing this in the Fall. Never happened before. So the question is why ?? And what is the fix?? I read the post about changing the dipstick tube assembly to a different model. When I looked up the part number given it seemed as though the vent tube on that part was open ended ?? Before anyone says it I have had the car to the dealer and they actually put more fluid in and set the level not me (after the car had been sporadically doing this for a couple of months). I was getting ready to head to a wreckers and see what kind of dip stick assemblies the cars there had and if they are different from mine. any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
Hey I know there have been some post about this already. My daughters 2010 Fusion started doing this in the Fall. Never happened before. So the question is why ?? And what is the fix?? I read the post about changing the dipstick tube assembly to a different model. When I looked up the part number given it seemed as though the vent tube on that part was open ended ?? Before anyone says it I have had the car to the dealer and they actually put more fluid in and set the level not me (after the car had been sporadically doing this for a couple of months). I was getting ready to head to a wreckers and see what kind of dip stick assemblies the cars there had and if they are different from mine. any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi phenn2. Have you checked the transmission fluid level yourself, following the instructions in the Owners Manual? I would do that first before switching out dipstick tubes and assemblies, just in case it has been overfilled.

Also, as you may have noticed, participation here on the Ford Fusion Club has slowed dramatically over the last few years, unfortunately. You may have better luck with an answer over at the Ford Fusion Forum located here: https://www.fordfusionforum.com/

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts