FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 2010 Fusion 3.0L NA with 6sp automatic w/SelectShift. Recently my SelectShift control board located within the shifter was damaged while shifting aggressively. I am trying to replace this control board with a custom made paddleshifter kit. If anyone can help me out that would be fantastic. The control board plugs into a 4pin plug with 3 power wires and 1 ground wire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a 2010 Fusion 3.0L NA with 6sp automatic w/SelectShift. Recently my SelectShift control board located within the shifter was damaged while shifting aggressively. I am trying to replace this control board with a custom made paddleshifter kit. If anyone can help me out that would be fantastic. The control board plugs into a 4pin plug with 3 power wires and 1 ground wire.
So ive thought of this recently myself, i replaced the manual selectshift buttons twice and they only work for a few months before dieing again. I have taken one of mine apart and theres 3 wires i figure one is for upshift one is dowwnshift and the last is a ground or somthing, i bet the wires could be extened to the column,you would just have to find a paddle to send the signal. i have opted to go another route tho, im gonna try to swap a 2010 sport shifter thats a more normal slapshift shifter than the buttons. but definetly gonna keep following this!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So ive thought of this recently myself, i replaced the manual selectshift buttons twice and they only work for a few months before dieing again. I have taken one of mine apart and theres 3 wires i figure one is for upshift one is dowwnshift and the last is a ground or somthing, i bet the wires could be extened to the column,you would just have to find a paddle to send the signal. i have opted to go another route tho, im gonna try to swap a 2010 sport shifter thats a more normal slapshift shifter than the buttons. but definetly gonna keep following this!
Mine actually has the slapshifter. It has a control board under the shifter with 3 magnet sensors. 1.shift down. 2.Manual mode. 3.shift up.
The #2sensor is what i broke. The board itself has a 4pin plug. Im hoping to tap into those 4 wires to do this but I cant figure out how.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i would defienitly pick up one of these M shifters for what your trying to achieve, the connector plugs directly into the M shift housing. you could toatally hook these wires up somehow

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a link? And do you think they would work with mine having 4 connections instead of 3?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts