FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, having a weird issue with my 2010 Fusion Sport climate control. It works perfectly fine most times, however after an hour or more of continuous operation using AC, it seems like the air stops flowing no matter what position it is set at (floor, vents etc).

I just changed the resistor due to non-operational blower, which solved that issue...but the above-mentioned issue was there prior to that. Kind of sucks if I'm on a 3 hour road trip and the airflow just gradually stops (blower is working awesome, you can hear it easily)...so I'm wondering, would the blend door actuator start acting up after running so long? Has anyone else experienced this? It also happened in a previous 2010 FF SEL and also a 2009 Edge we had. Any input would be great, thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,737 Posts
Hey all, having a weird issue with my 2010 Fusion Sport climate control. It works perfectly fine most times, however after an hour or more of continuous operation using AC, it seems like the air stops flowing no matter what position it is set at (floor, vents etc).

I just changed the resistor due to non-operational blower, which solved that issue...but the above-mentioned issue was there prior to that. Kind of sucks if I'm on a 3 hour road trip and the airflow just gradually stops (blower is working awesome, you can hear it easily)...so I'm wondering, would the blend door actuator start acting up after running so long? Has anyone else experienced this? It also happened in a previous 2010 FF SEL and also a 2009 Edge we had. Any input would be great, thanks!
Hi MrHomz and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. Unfortunately, participation here on the Ford Fusion Club has slowed down tremendously in the last few years, as you can see from the scarcity of recent/current posts. So it is unlikely you will be able to get much help. I'm about the only member who still seems to check in on a regular basis.

You may have a better chance of getting assistance if you post your question over on the Ford Fusion Forum, located here: Ford Fusion Forum

There is a more active member group there. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue with my 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. It's a beast of a sports car, but after an hour driving, the vents shit themselves. I took it to one of the biggest dealers on the west coast, and after 3-4 services (in which they kept giving me credit for since they couldn't fix it) they flushed the air conditioning system because there was a clot or something. However, I still have the same issue, but not as bad as before. I'm not looking forward to driving it cross country at the end of this summer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts