FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008's are now showing up at dealerships, and can be ordered through them already. Just stopped at my local dealership and found out ambient lighting and SYNC are already available (despite the "late availability" warning). Also, found out that SYNC is a standard feature on the Ford Fusion SEL trim level.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought an '08 SE about 3 weeks ago and I love it. Black on black. It has the ford edge 18" rims and black chrome grille. Three days after buyin it I tinted the windows (20% all around) and about 3 days ago tinted the headlights. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Southern tier NY here, drove through Central NY yesterday (Syracuse/Utica) and they are getting '08s as well. The new rims on the '08s look great.

·
Registered
210 Posts
[quote author=mrkswellby link=topic=89560.msg1726589#msg1726589 date=1190288258]
2008's are now showing up at dealerships, and can be ordered through them already. Just stopped at my local dealership and found out ambient lighting and SYNC are already available (despite the "late availability" warning). Also, found out that SYNC is a standard feature on the Ford Fusion SEL trim level.
[/quote]

I don't want to sound like I doubt you, but are you sure the 2008 SEL trim has SYNC INCLUDED? I ordered mine 7 weeks ago and there was no mention of it. Just curious b/c I'd be very happy if it was included on mine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Makes me want an 08 and I just bought an 07 not quite a year ago! Definetly want ambient lighting and the 18inch wheels with the red seat inserts and still want my V6 AWD, sunroof etc. 8) if only I had more $$$

G

·
I've had my Fusion about a year and a half. Still loving it!

But I'm going to have to give mine up. So I've narrowed down my choices to 08 Fusion, 08 Nissan Rogue, 08 Nissan Frontier, or 08 Ford Ranger.

Leaning towards the Fusion or the Rogue. I like the fact the new rogue has the intelligent key, and it's a 4 banger for good gas mileage.

G

·
Went last night to my local Ford dealership. They have an 08 White SEL Ford Fusion with everything except the DVD Navigation. They only want $25,000 which I could probably talk down to $23,000.

Could I just order the DVD Navigation myself and install it, or is it something they have to do?

·
Registered
933 Posts
^ Why do you want nav? Pay $5 for a Rand McNally. If you want it bad, buy a factory one already installed as an option, or go aftermarket. I don't think it would be economical to install a factory Nav system as an "add-on".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, so, it's not unlikely the dealer was lying about SYNC being standard equipment. Although it should be, Bluetooth is standard on so many cars these days. I'm sure I will find out soon enough when I'm ready to order my Fusion from the factory in about a month or so. Speaking of which, has anyone ordered directly from the factory? About how long does it take for the car to make it to the dealership? I was told 6-8 weeks, which seems reasonable. I'm also looking to find out what incentives will be going on then. I know the currently Swap Your Ride incentive ends 10/1/07. Since you only get incentives that are available and the time you take delivery of the car, I'm curious if anyone knows what might be coming down the pipe in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
[quote author=mrkswellby link=topic=89560.msg1740363#msg1740363 date=1190828783]
OK, so, it's not unlikely the dealer was lying about SYNC being standard equipment. Although it should be, Bluetooth is standard on so many cars these days. I'm sure I will find out soon enough when I'm ready to order my Fusion from the factory in about a month or so. Speaking of which, has anyone ordered directly from the factory? About how long does it take for the car to make it to the dealership? I was told 6-8 weeks, which seems reasonable. I'm also looking to find out what incentives will be going on then. I know the currently Swap Your Ride incentive ends 10/1/07. Since you only get incentives that are available and the time you take delivery of the car, I'm curious if anyone knows what might be coming down the pipe in the next few weeks.
[/quote]

I ordered my 2008 SEL V6 with the Sport Appearance package about 8 weeks ago and it's not here yet. SYNC was not even an option, yet, when I ordered it.

·
Super Moderator
5,957 Posts
[quote author=mrkswellby link=topic=89560.msg1740363#msg1740363 date=1190828783]
[/quote]

Hi mrkswellby. :wavey: In general, orders placed early in the model year changeover will normally take longer to be produced than later in the model year, due to the sometimes slower ramp up of new model production. But nothing is written in stone.

For example, I ordered my MKZ in October 2006, and it arrived at the Dealership 6 weeks later, to the day. My advice would be to hope for 6 weeks, and expect 8 weeks (or more).

Concerning Incentive predictions, no one will really be able to give you an accurate estimation. All we can do is guess. Since the economy and car sales are still slow, my educated guess would be that Incentives will most likely stay the same, or possibly increase slightly. However, you never really know.

Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
210 Posts
[quote author=shumax link=topic=89560.msg1742298#msg1742298 date=1190889222]
[/quote]

I ordered my 2008 SEL V6 with the Sport Appearance package about 8 weeks ago and it's not here yet. SYNC was not even an option, yet, when I ordered it.

[/quote]

I just learned yesterday that mine is due into the dealership any day. It will then go in for the heated seats, mud flaps and the clear front bra on the hood and bumper. Can't wait! :klavergreg:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Seems like this thread is dead, but thought I'd mention that my dealer called and I pick my car up Thursday night at 7pm. I can hardly wait...in comes the XM radio, GPS, sub and the V1 :lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SYNC is a $395 option on SE and SEL models, check out SYNC's website and somewhere on there is the price. Can't believe the dealership gave me such a runaround trying to not give me a price, they wanted me in the dealership to sell the car instead of providing customer service. Now I'm not saying that I didn't expect some push-pull, just hoped they'd be more forthcoming with information. They know I want to buy the car, just want it with certain options. After all that "fighting" I'm almost ready to say screw it and keep my high mileage suv (182,000) with low mpg (18-20 combined) till it won't run anymore, being an Isuzu that could be another 20,000 miles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts