FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 2008 SEL V6 with the Sport Appearance Package last night.

Specs:
Black exterior with Black Cloth -- odd b/c the majority of the seat is leather (probably vinyl, though).
Moon & Tune
Sport Appearance Package
Reverse Sensing System
Traction Control

Additions:
Clear front bra on bumper, hood, fenders and headlights. Not taking chances on a black car this time around.
Molded OEM Mud flaps.
Aftermarket heated seats
I installed my XM receiver, Valentine One and Garmin Street Pilot GPS tonight.
HID kit goes in once Olivier and I get the recent mishap on my order squared away. Can't wait for that and the foglight upgrade!

Observations:
Long story, but I had a 5-hour drive home -- car purchased out of state for various reasons. The car is very sharp with the stance it has with the sport tuned supension, lip spoiler and 18" rims. It got a few looks on the road, that's for sure.

I did notice the car has a vibration from 60-85mph that is most annoying -- especially for 5 hours. Feels like it is coming from the steering wheel more than anything (front tires out of balance?). I can't determine if it's the crappy Gooyear RS-A tires, or if it just needs to be balanced. Regardless, it was less than appealing for my first 5 hours with the car. I guess I should take it to the dealer here to have it looked at?

The car is planted. The suspension is firm, but not harsh. It's really tight in the corners and gives you good turn in feeling. I had a Ford 500 before with the CVT and the same engine as this. It's nice to see the engine does have some "go." That CVT in the 500 must have been robbing it along with the extra weight of the car and the AWD system. It's far more responsive in the Fusion!

I wish the car had dual climate control. I had that on the 500 and not having it in this cars is kind of dissapointing. Oh well.

The audiophile system is nice. I had a 10" sub I was going to put into the truck with an amp I had on my old car. No need. This system sounds really nice for stock.

What now:
The car is going in tomorrow for window tint. I'll clean it up and then post some pics on Sunday. It's really a sharp car. Ford did a nice job with this one!

***EDIT** I just got the car back from the tint shop, so go easy on the comments as it's not even close to being dry yet. I put 35% on the side windows and 20% on the rear window. Too boot it's overcast and very gllomy today in Chicago-land.

On to the pics:

Here's a shot of the interior from the drivers vantage point. Note the Garmin GPS, the Valentine One Radar locator, and the XM radio. I need to get the aux cable to run it direct instead of over the FM radio.

Shot of the dash and then the XM radio install I did...

Shot of the Cloth seats -- they seem to have enough leather/vinyl for me! Also, you can just see the all weather floor mats, too!

Shot of the aftermartket heated seat switch--very pleased with this install!

Up close front shot with Xenonexpert.com's white fog lights installed and on:

Front Shot:

Side Shot:

Rear at an angle -- LOVE this shot!

Rear up close -- that spoiler is awesome!

Rear Side Shot:

Front Wheel:

Rear Wheel:

****Once I get the bulbs back from Olivier, I'll be swapping the HID kit in, too. Then what? I'm done -- time to enjoy for the next 4 years, or 120,000.

·
Registered
91 Posts
that is IMPRESSIVE! i looked at two, black, 2008 appearance package Fusions... both were 4 cyls and neither were SELs. i didn't even know you could the SEL with that package. like i said, very impressive. very nice.

G

·
:bananahump: :bananadance: :bananahump: :bananadance: :bananahump: :bananadance: :bananahump: :bananadance: :bananahump: :bananadance: :bananahump:

·
Registered
91 Posts
[quote author=shumax link=topic=91609.msg1778965#msg1778965 date=1192309672]
Thanks! I can't stop finding reasons to go to the garage to stare at it :D
[/quote]i know exactly how you feel! we just picked up our SEL a week ago today!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Congrats and very nice choice for the trim level! I love the rims, spoiler, and those little chrome circles on the radio controls lol. I also wish I had those backup sensors.

I love my car as much, if not more, than the first day I got it. I'm sure the same will happen for you!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Shumax (or anyone else that can answer),

Are the cloth seats (cloth inserts) available with the heated seat package? I saw that you put in aftermarket heaters.

I would rather go with those than the red leather inserts (too over-the-top for me).

Other than the leather seat package was there anything else you didn't opt for?

I must say the black still looks the best! Not sure if I'd lease another black one though, after having one for the past 3 years.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can't get factory heated seats without leather. I didn't like the leather inserts, either. They were far to "over the top" for me. My dealer had a local shop they use put them in for $250. They work great and I really like the hidden switch gear. Looks great!

I didn't get the navigation system, either. I have a Garmin unit that I really like. I wish that SYNC had been available as I would have purchased that, too. Other than those items, the car is loaded. I only wish that dual climate control was available/included on the SEL. I had that in the 500 and really liked it.

Shumax

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I like, I like, I like! Great looking car. I know you will enjoy it. BTW, can the chrome trim on the radio knobs and climate control trim buttons be bought without replacing the whole unit? Anybody know or care besides me? :lol:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congratulations indeed Shumax! The ride looks really good and I too love the new spoiler.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Didyou order it with black fog light inserts on an sel or is that with the sport appearance package? Nice car, that spoiler's the cat's ass!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The fog light inserts (black) are part of the Sports Appearance Package...

I'm not sure how much I would like them if the color of the car wasn't black.

·
Registered
102 Posts
1st I would like to thank you for the picture of the interior....

We are taking possession our SE on Friday... We have only seen the interior in pictures...

We've got a 4cyl/5spd SE SAP, Moon&Tune, Sirus & Ambient Lighting coming (dealer trade)

was wondering, did you ever find out what the problem was in your front end?

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
[quote author=shumax link=topic=91609.msg1787472#msg1787472 date=1192624633]
The fog light inserts (black) are part of the Sports Appearance Package...

I'm not sure how much I would like them if the color of the car wasn't black.
[/quote] A co-worker just got a redfire sel v6 with sport appearance. It looks good with the color keyed fog light inserts. But, I still like the chrome myself. That spoiler is very cool, and the interior is much nicer than it looks in pictures. (this is the first one I've seen up close.) I already told her about this site and Steeda and Jusnes and 3dcarbon, etc... She needs some mods! I forgot how small those exhaust tips are.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote author=vstarbob link=topic=91609.msg1789032#msg1789032 date=1192656994]
1st I would like to thank you for the picture of the interior....

We are taking possession our SE on Friday... We have only seen the interior in pictures...

We've got a 4cyl/5spd SE SAP, Moon&Tune, Sirus & Ambient Lighting coming (dealer trade)

was wondering, did you ever find out what the problem was in your front end?

[/quote]

Not a problem on the pics! If anyone wants more, just let me know.

In terms of the vibration issue -- Discount Tire got the road force down to very low numbers. I don't think it's an issue with the tires/rims and I also doubt it's the axles.

I think it's the owner coming from a big cushy Ford 500 with a Touring suspension to this car with a Sport suspension. Make no mistake, I have a Honda S2000, too, and the Fusion is nearly as harsh on some surfaces as the S2K is. Not EXACTLY the same, but it's certainly a very firm ride.

I will say I absolutely can not wait to wear out the crappy Goodyear RSA's. I am thinking they are part of the issue. They are an absolutely HORRIBLE tire, in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts