FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2008 Fusion standard trans 4cyl. Purchased with no crank. Dash lights up, pats system light solid, no codes in pcm, checked clutch switch, new ignition switch and key mechanism, fuses, starter has main power, checked all ground connections I could think of. Battery 12.3 Volts, have by passed starter and engaged starter directly with clutch depressed and in neutral, good solid crank no fire (has not ran in about a year) it had 1/3 tank added fuel just in case. I have the haynes manual, hard to find neutral switch and the starter relay in smart junction box. I ordered in a voltage wire tracker to see where the voltage ends. Any suggestions, pcm "seems" to be working well but the previous owner said went on long trip, parked , next morning no crank. I am not sure where starter relay is and the the neutral transmission position switch is located but will continue looking when I have time.

Thank you if you can offer any assistance

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
236 Posts
UN hock battery and touch the two ends together for a good 3 minutes. That will reset everything. Then hook up the battery and start the car. Turn ac on and if it starts let it run for a good 5 minutes. That should reset the idle.
If no start take it to the dealer cause there are a lot of variables why it will not start.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ty for the suggestion but unfortunately it did not do anything. It did however give me a code with the pats system of 2 flashes then 1 Code 21 and according to what I have read it says this ..... ( less than three keys programmed (program more keys as necessary) . Can that be the issue, I have been debating getting a guy in to reprogram my keys , i have three, two seem programmed and one flashes rapidly. Ty for your assistance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All went well, I had a local fellow with the right equipment come in. The code 21 that the pats system was flashing was correct. When a code 21 is present your starter will not engage. The issue I had was the keys tested well but in actuality were not. He did the full 10 minute reprogram , cut keys and used universal chips. After 2 years of not running it fired right up. He had not run into this before, he believes that the previous owner lost the keys and the person programming them didn't do it properly. Thank you for all your help ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts