FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Tried clicking on your web link... it tells me I don't have access???

I'm quite curious if they have taken any of our advice...

added back up sensors?
added memory seats?
heated steering wheel?
heated/cooled seats?
added the 3.5L engine as an option?

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=lammer link=topic=76430.msg1381421#msg1381421 date=1178140915]
Tried clicking on your web link... it tells me I don't have access???

I'm quite curious if they have taken any of our advice...

added back up sensors?
added memory seats?
heated steering wheel?
heated/cooled seats?
added the 3.5L engine as an option?
[/quote]
Yes, the 2008s will have a backup sensor, according to the Web site PDF. No memory seats, no heated steering wheel, no cooled seats, no 3.5-liter engine option, no 5-speed manual on the V6, about (if memory serves) five new colors, about 5 colors, including tungsten, amethyst, and merlot, deleted. No manufacturing dates listed.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=lammer link=topic=76430.msg1381781#msg1381781 date=1178150367]
thanks Boz :D
[/quote]
Anytime. One notable thing that will be standard equipment on all models: anti-lock braking system, ABS. That was a $595 option on the 2007s and a standard extra on the 2007 AWDs (the only way they came).

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MAJOR PRODUCT CHANGES
The 2008 Fusion features …………

• Addition of new standard equipment: ABS (all series), Tire Pressure Monitoring System (all series), Keyless Entry (SEL)

• Addition of new optional equipment: Rear Park Assist (SE/SEL), Ambient Lighting (SE/SEL - Late Avail.) and SYNC (Late Avail.)

• Addition of new packages: Moon & Tune Package (SE/SEL) and Sport Appearance Package (FWD SE/SEL) (package comes standard with cloth or optional leather interior)

MODEL/SERIES/AVAILABILITY
• S, SE, SEL

EXTERIOR CHANGES & AUDIO CHANGES
New Colors Added:
— White Suede(WS)
— Moss Green (D2)
— Vapor Silver(ZY)
— Dark Blue Ink(DI)
— Light Sage (NH)

Colors Deleted:
— Alloy
— Merlot
— Dark Blue Pearl
— Dark Amethyst
— Tungsten Silver

NEW STANDARD FEATURES
• Anti-lock Brakes (ABS) – all series
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) – all series
• Keyless Entry Keypad (SEL only)

NEW OPTIONS
• Rear Park Assist (avail. on SE, SEL)
• SYNC (avail. SE, SEL) – late availability
• Ambient Lighting (avail. on SE, SEL) – late availability

OPTION CHANGES
• New generation, voice-activated DVD navigation system replaces previous navigation system and is now also available with I-4 manual transmission
• Navigation is no longer available on SE models
• Audiophile is now available on SE, as part of the Moon & Tune package (50E)

NEW PACKAGES AVAILABLE
Sport Appearance Package (14T)
Availability:
— Optional on SE and SEL (FWD only)
— Available only w/the following exterior colors:
Black, Silver Birch or Red Fire
— Available only w/Charcoal Black interior (DW)
— Available w/optional unique leather seats (incl. red
stitching and red seat inserts) (KW)
— NA w/optional rear spoiler
Includes:
— Smoked black chrome grille w/color-keyed fog lamp bezels
— 18" aluminum wheels and tires w/black painted pockets
— Sport-tuned suspension
— Unique decklid "lip" spoiler
— Red cloth accents on seats, door trim and red stitching on seats, steering wheel and center console
— Optional leather seats with red leather seat inserts and red stitching on seats, steering wheel and center console
— Unique brushed-aluminum radio surround
— Chrome exhaust tip on V6 SE

Moon & Tune Package (110A, 120A, 130A, 140A, 200A, 250A only) - Code 50E
• Moonroof
• Audiophile CDX6/MP3 w/8 Speakers

·
Registered
48 Posts
what exactly is the ambient lighting?

Though i do not really see anything on that list that would make me hesitate from buying an 07 right now.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: what exactly is the ambient lighting?

Not much of a difference from 2007 but it is nice to see they're offering more standard equipment such as ABS and revised exterior colors. I can't believe they kept dune pearl - the least attractive color IMHO (no offence to you dune pearl owners). I wonder if the new base price will jump very much? Ambient lighting - I have no idea! Maybe LED mood lighting? I would like to see Ford offer the adjustable interior lighting as found on the Mustang.

I still think a YELLOW Fusion would look nice. Not too sure how the green will look.

The Fusion still seems so new it is almost difficult to imagine a revised version coming out in just a little over a year!

[quote author=xlover link=topic=76430.msg1383382#msg1383382 date=1178209667]
Though i do not really see anything on that list that would make me hesitate from buying an 07 right now.
[/quote]

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I do miss my keypad :( Other than that... not much to make me trade for the 08.

PS the ambient lighting looks like led's that make a great look inside. The 08 Focus will use the same lighting. Here is a pic.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Whoo HOO!!! I wanted the Stick shift and thought I would have to give up getting a navigation since you can't get both on the '07. Now, I'm holding out for an '08 where I can get both options! Hope the guide above is correct!!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I dunno about trading in for a new one (I'll see what it would cost me) but I really like the lighting and rear view backup system

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks for all the GREAT info !!! Very sad to see Dark Pearl Blue go away, but not unexpected, my favorite color :( But the Sport Package sounds interesting.
Maybe get Redfire with the special leather interior.
Hopefully, the price will be reduced a little by Ford making ABS standard, & combing a few things into package groups, as compared to the total price of getting them individually, like pre-2008 prices. The Moon & Tunes package sounds good to me on a 3.0L SEL, in Redfire with Sport Package & leather. I'm guessing that the 3rd rear brake light will be mounted in the rear lip decklid / "Ducktail" spoiler ?
That ambient lighting could be wicked cool too :D
Any idea if there will be any other ground effects on the car, I'd like to see some type of a front end air-dam / front spoiler added with the Sport package.
Why can't they add a manual trans. option with the Sport Package on a SEL 3.0L, Mazda does it on the 6 S , an auto. is an optional trans. !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts