FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2008 Ford Fusion the day I got her. Got her with the sports package that included the 18" rims, spoilor, sport suspension, red and black interior and also color matched fog light bezels.
Car came in monday picked her up and was very pleased with what I saw.

I took the car in that thursday and had 15% tint applied to the windows and damn...look at her now!!

I loved the rims on the car but the Ford emblem was just throwing them off. I got some vinyl that closely resembeled the color of the rims and just covered the ford emblem and looks alot better. Easy mod

Also that saturday my new headlight bulbs came in. I wanted the high end luxury look of the whiter beams. Tell me what ya think?

Old bulb

New Bulb

Notice the difference??

Well its a new week and I decided the stock exhaust jus wasn't up to par. So I picked up some bolt on tips and am very impressed with the change.

Blue L.E.D. License Plate Bulbs

Not sure if I like them yet or not....decided they werent for me have white leds on the way

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the new rims I am very impressed with. I have seen the other stock rims that come on the cars and they just werent up to par for me. The 18's definitly give this car a nicer look.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Killer car. Very nice, and congrats! I wanna get a set of thoes plate lights in super white. Semi like the new GS300. Props again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds like a plan about getting together and as far as those license plate bulbs go i am thinking the same thing. The blue is kind of throwing off the look

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congratulations on the new car, I love the new spoiler. Perhaps you can get a different sticker for the center of the wheels. With the vinyl on it looks like somethings missing. Great job on the mods, they add to the car and keep it looking classy.

Happy driving & thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
313 Posts
You didn't like the Ford emblems in the wheel centers? Just replace 'em with Shivvy bowties then..... Or a big "H" or a Toyota cowboy hat......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
um whats your problem yeloxr7? personally i think the rims look better without the ford emlbem in there throwing it off. If you prefer them with it in there then buy a set of the rims and stare at them all day. different people have different taste.

have a nice day :D

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=yeloxr7 link=topic=94630.msg1857593#msg1857593 date=1195162789]
You didn't like the Ford emblems in the wheel centers? Just replace 'em with Shivvy bowties then..... Or a big "H" or a Toyota cowboy hat......
[/quote]

Umm, yeah. That's the exact same thing :wtcslap:

·
Registered
982 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Here's my opinion of your new car- I like the color. I've got an '07 SEV6 in the same Silver Birch. I do not like your chrome exhaust tips, they're skinny, have no angle, and look like lawnmower exhaust. There are better SS ones on ebay that are like a lot larger in diameter.

I like the 18" wheels. I just bought a set of Edge 18's, same as your sap wheels but in silver clearcoat. They have black centercaps which I think will look better than what your wheels came with and you're struggling with. I also think the silver paint will look more sporty than the polished look of the new sap wheels.

The tint looks very nice, I plan on going 5% on my rear windows- anything on the fronts is illegal in IA.

IMO, your car needs lowered now. I also love the new sap spoiler. I have the M3 Lip spoiler from ebay at $60 shipped and looks pretty good. I like the larger look of the sap spoiler while still being just a lip.

The body colored fog light bezels look terrible imo, I changed my black SE ones with the chrome SEL ones as it completes the front end in my book. Having chrome all across the front mixed with black or silver bezels just looks weird to me. Oh yeah, I don't like the license plate lights, too much dude. You're not 16.

Finally, your car needs the V6. j/k :lol:

nice car and congrats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea I think the same about the tips but I got them for 10 bucks total and think they look better then it did before. As far as the rims go I agree with the black centercap part but I do like the look of the polished a little more then a silver would look. I thought about lowering the car but the fact that I just got it and have a shitload of other bills I cant at the moment. Plus living in south dakota worries me in the winter with all the snow. I do want to get the chrome bezels for the foglights but the ford dealer here did not carry them for 2008 or something they said and after that I started to think that they might not look right considering they are probably the normal chrome instead of the black chrome that my car came with. Maybe the difference wont be to noticable though. And finally I do agree with the license plate light comment I do want to get some of the hyper white bulbs which would increase the look of it alot.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Car looks great. I agree with what most people are saying:

1. Don't really like the new tips.
2. Don't like the blue plate bulbs
3. Remove all dealer emblems, plates, frames, etc....

·
Registered
382 Posts
yes, remove all the dealer stickers for advertising. i live in Iowa and winters are pretty harsh here as well, but eibach springs still give you a drop that is useable. it's not too drastic- like 1.5" front and back. not sure what 'black chrome' looks like, but any fog light bezel from '06 to now will fit your car. maybe you should buy the black center caps for those wheels off the edge wheels? you may want to check center bore, as they may not be the same size. i personally think the oem one you covered w/vinyl looks good and way bette than that cheesy vinyl thing you did as you can still see the oval outlined. nice car.

·
Registered
313 Posts
[quote author=Pagones link=topic=94630.msg1858118#msg1858118 date=1195174481]
um whats your problem yeloxr7? personally i think the rims look better without the ford emlbem in there throwing it off. If you prefer them with it in there then buy a set of the rims and stare at them all day. different people have different taste.

have a nice day :D
[/quote]

No problem. Geesh, I guess people just need something to do. I'm perfectly happy with the 17" wheels on my 2005 SAP Fusion as they came.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=yeloxr7 link=topic=94630.msg1868251#msg1868251 date=1195599416]
Geesh, I guess people just need something to do.[/quote]

Nah, we just have different tastes and don't feel the need to rant and rave about it like some people ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.