FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I hit a pot hole a while ago, and got a big bulge in my tire. So, I priced it at Ford, they wanted to 250 for the tire, I got it for $138 from tire rack, good deal. So I brought it to Ford on Friday to have the tire put on, and now they are telling me my rim is bent. I notice a little shake, not much. So anyway, they want $375 for the rim. :evil:

I was hoping that someone might have an extra lying around that they might want to get rid of. I have seen some sets on EBay, but I wanted to check here first (I only need 1). I am not to worried about apperance (i.e curb rash), as long as it is straight. If so let me kow how much.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Sad to hear that happened to you man. And my wife wonder why I bitch about her hitting pot holes in my car. I am sure a lot of people hear are keeping their factory wheels if they have gotten aftermarket wheels, and I bet the sellers on E-Bay may not want to sell only one. Wish you luck. :hug:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

I guess I was thinking maybe if someone scrapped up a wheel and replaced it with a new factory one, and could get rid of the crappy one or something like that.

I have seen a few single ones on E-Bay, but never exactly the right style.

Anyway, thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaysen,

Thanks for the PM, for some reason the system will not let me respond. It says I do not have permission to PM.

Is it discounttire.com? If so they have no locations inmy area, but I will ask at some of the tire shops around here. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
myothercar - is this the rim you have?

If so, I'll probably have 3 in 1-2 weeks. Can it wait that long or do you need it ASAP?

There is a guy on Ebay that is selling these rims - that's where I got the pic from. He can't seem to figure out the correct way to spell FUSION because he spells it "Fuzion" in his auction.....guess that's why he's not selling many of them. Either way, one of these would be $89 shipped to your door. If you wanted to wait for mine, I could probably cut that price in half.....again, assuming that the above rim is the one you have.

I just went through this similar thing myself...had an "impact break" and it cost me $150 to replace the dang tire that only had 20,000 miles of use on it. Made me sick. Luckily I didn't bend my rim, although my rim is scuffed...which is why I will only have THREE rims when I get my aftermarkets on.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhh....I see. Whoops - sorry. Offer still stands though for anyone who might need 3 of the other ones :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for getting back, it looks almost right.

Still have not had a chance to get a pic.

Right at the end of the spokes between the end of spoke and outer edge of the rim is an oval detail in the rim about 1/4 inch wide and 3/4 inch long (approx).

I still need one and if it would fit I might consider it. But as Waldo said, I guess my sizes are different as I have an AWD car.

If anyone should see anything, let me know. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts