FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 8 weeks of waiting, I finally picked up the car today! I just got home with my new Redfire SEL AWD with sunroof, Sirius, rear "wing", leather (Medium Stone), heated seats, ABS, and whatever else there is. It is quite the nice car! Now all I need to do is wait for it to be broken in so I can really get on it! Due to the rains as of late, there is some dirt in the road. With my old car I would spin the tires when I got on it. The Fusion just kept on going! They put Solar Guard on it, but they need to redo the back window. The place where the little dots are isn't holding. I had meationed this even before the car was here to the dealership that I had read that was a problem. They said "no problem", but sure enough, the tint was pealing off already! I drove my old car for 9 years, so it AWESOME to have a new car! :party:

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Congratulations on the new car and welcome to the club, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I love mine. Redfire was my second choice (my 5.0 mustang is red).

G

·
Congrats. One thing I don't understand, why did you have to wait 8 weeks. Did you custom order your Fusion or something.

Every Ford dealer I go to, says they look at other dealerships and then ship it to their dealership blah blah blah. I want to custom order my next Fusion so bad.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. The pics should be coming once there is some sunny weather! I did custom order it, but they still messed up. My first choice was blue, but Ford sent Red. The good news is that I got a discount because of it! Right now I am just trying to get used to all the new controls and everything. The first time I reached for the door handle without looking I could not find it! Funny how you get used to your old car and have to adjust.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I've had mine since march 24 th and I still accidentally hit the button to roll down the rear driver's side window instead of the front driver's side window. Just out of curiosity, what month was yours built?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like Feb. 07.  That is strange!  Another case of the dealership not telling me the full story!  Does anyone know if there are any re-flashes that I need to do?  Why can't the car buying experience be fun, non-stressful, honest, etc.  It is like one big game to those guys. At least it had the options I wanted. Looks like my custom "Order" turned into search all dealerships. Bummer.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Mine is feb. '07 as well. I haven't heard of any reflashes or recalls as of yet. I've got 10,400 kilometres on it now and it only seems to be getting better. It took a while for the car to "learn" my driving habits, when I first got it, it would shift alot, now I don't know if it's me or the car, but you get a feel for the throttle pedal and know how far to push down to drop 1 gear, 2 gears, etc... I'm more than happy with mine.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if these will show up or not, but I will give them a try. I will have to wait until I can wash the car to take a better picture. They are working on the roads around here so I have to go on a dirt road at the moment. I HAD to take a picture of the engine compartment now because it will NEVER be that clean again!

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They put the nice shocks on the trunk and then they turn into :drool: and give us a prop rod. What a joke! Need to save up some cash first before I start to mod her!

·
Registered
195 Posts
:)Right on! Redfire was my second choice. In fact when I went to the dealer the guy had a redfire/silverfrost/black and a white all lined up for me to see. I looked at the red about 4x and thought it would get me in trouble with the law enforcement. I took the silver frost SEL V6 loaded with all options. Black leather interior. I now see red Fusions around once in a while and kind of wish I would have gone red with the tan leather interior.. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know any tricks to get the set down all the way. My dealership didn't have an SEL leather to test drive so I drove an SE. The SE has manual seats that seem to go down further than the SEL. My heads hits the headliner and I am afraid I am going to end up getting it dirty after years of having my head touching it. :bash:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride, the red looks really sweet. Keep us posted on your future mods.

Happy driving!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts