FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
:)

Hey guys I’m new to this forum, it’s like my last resort before going to the dealer. So I been working on a 2007 Mercury Milan 2.3L with about 150K….. in the past 2 years much work has been done to it, you already know once u fix one thing the next thing is around the corner breaking…. So a couple years ago first major thing was car needed new pcm took it to dealer they replaced it car has been working find since….. some time last year it started acting funny I ran the Obd codes it was saying throttle body was bad to replace it and had all the common symptoms( rough idle, hesitation….. etc….. changed it and all was gravy for a while….. next few months later light comes back on for thermostat it was stuck noticed the coolant gauge go back and forth cus of it…. Changed it and started running fine……no more problems yayyyy…… NOT!!!! Ok so then I got a P0172 running rich….. symptoms rough idle shitty gas mileage hesitation all that kinda like wen the throttle body was bad…. So I been working on it here’s a list of the many parts that have been changed on it….

PCM
Thermostat
Throttle body
New fuel pump
New injectors
Charcoal canister
Evap purge control valve
Egr valve/solenoid
Valve cover
All coil packs
All spark plugs
Air filter
Mass airflow sensor
Serpentine belt
Idler pulley
Tensioner pulley

Now with all that work done the p0172 code is still on I get a rough idle only when I drive I get hesitation wen I slow down or when I come to a stop and make a left or right turn it will hesitate and not want to go I either have to put the car in park turn it off and turn it back on so it goes or wait while trying not to get hit my traffic until it decides to get power and go again…. Someone with any idea please help…. I have checked for vacuum leaks none r detected
Anybody with any kind of idea don’t hesitate like my Milan and please reach out…. Thanks for listening guys!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried unhooking both battery cables and holding them together for 5 minutes? Then put positive back on first
I have not tried that I was just reading a post of doing so to drain the capacitors in the pcm so it clears the KAM (memory) and then wen we reconnect it we can relearn the throttle idle….I work the rest of this week so I’m gonna try the relearn process on Friday when I get off work…. Any other ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts