FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a 2007 SEL AWD through a leasing company and they listed the base "Dealer Invoice" prices ( Canadian Prices) - FYI

Option Invoice MSRP
250A Base SEL AWD $28,224 $30,669
Y (Leather seating) $1,036 $1,205
916 (Audiophile) $172 $200
13B (Moonroof) $989 $1,150
97N (NAV System) $1,978 $2,300
13K (Rear spoiler) $258 $300

·
Registered
421 Posts
And this is where they go a rye. They see a market and milk it. All auto makers expect to much for their products. Ten years ago a full size Bronco/Blazer/Ram charger was 27,000, now there are minivans going for 37,000. A focus/cobalt/Neon is no more than a 10,000 car to me. Wages havent increased, in most imploys there have been concessions or cut backs. Their pricing themselves off of the market. No wounder They need a globel market, there's not enough people in this country that can afford the commitment. I just know what I'm whilling to pay!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Actually this is a very good price when compared to what others charge for a similar car (but lacking awd) like the accord. And from what I hear they lost 2000 per car this past year

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes Ford's price is better when compared to it's compition but,Compare new car pricing to the average income, not what other manufacturers are charging. I doesn't look so attractive now does it? Explain to the average working American that works for $7.00 to $10.00 why they can't afford a car along their other bills, when in the 40's through the 80's they could! Living expenses have increased and wages have not. If you look there is a large % of new car buyers in this country that never left home. I'm mean they live with their parents, or split rent with a room mate! When the cost of living was lower this was not the case!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts