FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I was wondering is any of you had any advice on installing a remote start for my vehicle. I have a 2007 Ford Fusion. Is there anything special I will need? Any certain components or auto start model you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I'd recommend the one in the Fusion accessories brochure. All we need is a pretty basic one because our lock/unlock buttons are right on the key fob. Then again, I don't have one, so I don't know if it's any good or not. You'd think that one would be an easy install though.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I looked at the install booklet for it. After scratching my head and saying about 10 curse words that would get me banned at a Baptist Revival, I decided that if I ever wanted it, I would probably just break down and have someone that won't fry the car install it :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
This should help if anyone wants to put the ford system in theirselves. It is pretty easy.

www.gemsen.com/ford

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have installed remote starters in a few of my past vehicles (always used universal starters, much cheaper and just as good as "factory" models). they look intimidating but it's only a few wires. the units I have bought in the past were easy to install with the written instructions plus they came with installation videos as well. I don't see any advantage of the Ford Licensed starter vs. any other starter model.

like most Ford branded accessories, it's overpriced. the ford starter costs $230 (+$32 for the securilock kit). you could justify the high price if it was pre-wired with harnesses specifically for the Fusion, but it's not. it's a generic Ford accessory for use with all models. to buy it from [and have it installed by] the dealership you would probably pay $600-$800, if you buy a universal remote starter and install it yourself you would pay $50-$100 total.

It aggravates me that the starter in ford accessories catalog still requires a separate fob. why can't they just make a new IKT with a remote starter button (get rid of that stupid red panic button on the factory IKT, or somehow reprogram it). IMO there is no point to getting a Ford starter if you still need a separate remote to use it.

just my 2¢ :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.