FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The compressor is good and if you bypass the compressor's relay you get air. I really don't want to spend big bucks to get the a/c fixed so I've investigated the workaround (the one using a 37k resistor). First problem is no picture that I've found shows an identical connector to mine (the blue one under the dashboard). So, I have enclosed a picture of mine. It is not clear which two wires go to the connector and then to the sensor. Anyway, I've tried inserting the resistor in a variety of the pins... No luck. Is it possible that the sensor is shorted and not open? This would entail me cutting the wires to the sensor and substituting the resistor for the sensor. The workaround seems to assume that the sensor is open, not shorted.

And the wire colors given Ford 001.jpg
Ford 001.jpg
don't seem to agree. The manual I have is a Haynes and its wiring diagram seems incomplete in this area. Anyone have any suggestions??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Geez... I had tried in the past (last year, actually) to add R-134 to the a/c but the compressor wouldn't operate. I had a reasonable reading on the gauge that came with the recharge kit and was able to turn the compressor by hand so I mentally crossed refrigerant off the "what's wrong" list. In pursuing solutions to the a/c issue, I saw somewhere an offhand comment about the compressor not operating if R-134 was too low. Hmmmm... many of the cars I've owned did NOT have such a function. So, I forced the compressor to run, added most of a can of R-134 and voila! I have a/c! I'm not sold on this fix being permanent but at least it doesn't involve a pachwork workaround (although I would've been happy with that). Oh well. You learn something every day!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts