FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I just have a question. I have a 2007 Ford Fusion SE 3.0 AWD with tan leather seats that the previous owners did not maintain so they are stained, cracked and ripped. So I went to one of the local junkyards recently and I found a 2011 Ford Fusion SE FWD Well this fusion had all the seats in it (tan leather, like new) well anyway I bought them. I had time yesterday to install them in my car. Apparently there is difference in the way the back seat was made. The brackets that mount the rear fold down part of seat on the 2011 are smaller (about a 1/2” on both sides. Would the body shape of the car be different on a FWD making them not mount correcting or does it have something to do with the year of manufacture?? Also I swapped out both front seats, the second gen seats have the same bolt pattern so that wasn’t a problem at all. The problem I’m having is the power plug under the seat on the 2011 is not the same as my 2007. Does anyone know if they make an adapter for this or will I have to cut the connectors from both ends and tie the matching wire that way. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
Hello, so I just have a question. I have a 2007 Ford Fusion SE 3.0 AWD with tan leather seats that the previous owners did not maintain so they are stained, cracked and ripped. So I went to one of the local junkyards recently and I found a 2011 Ford Fusion SE FWD Well this fusion had all the seats in it (tan leather, like new) well anyway I bought them. I had time yesterday to install them in my car. Apparently there is difference in the way the back seat was made. The brackets that mount the rear fold down part of seat on the 2011 are smaller (about a 1/2” on both sides. Would the body shape of the car be different on a FWD making them not mount correcting or does it have something to do with the year of manufacture?? Also I swapped out both front seats, the second gen seats have the same bolt pattern so that wasn’t a problem at all. The problem I’m having is the power plug under the seat on the 2011 is not the same as my 2007. Does anyone know if they make an adapter for this or will I have to cut the connectors from both ends and tie the matching wire that way. Thanks
Hi Billy, and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club.

The seat/bracket differences are due to model year changes, not AWD versus FWD.

Two questions though: First, would switching out the seat brackets on the seat and chassis work? And second, just out of curiosity...was the 2011 a Hybrid?

Concerning the front seat power connector/plugs: While it is possible (but not probable) that some sort of adapter may have been or is available, I don't know of any. If you are comfortable with your cutting and splicing abilities, I would go that route.

Let us know how you make out, and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Two questions though: First, would switching out the seat brackets on the seat and chassis work? And second, just out of curiosity...was the 2011 a Hybrid?

Concerning the front seat power connector/plugs: While it is possible (but not probable) that some sort of adapter may have been or is available, I don't know of any. If you are comfortable with your cutting and splicing abilities, I would go that route.

Thank you for your time regarding my questions.
I probably could change out the brackets

Thank you for the feedback!
I probably could switch out the brackets on the seat, the only thing I think would an issue is that they are mounted with a rivet. I have a grinder so removing them would be pretty smooth sailing, but do you have any ideas on how I’d make the original brackets stay connected to the seat?
The 2011 Ford Fusion was actually an SE model.

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
Thank you for your time regarding my questions.
I probably could change out the brackets

Thank you for the feedback!
I probably could switch out the brackets on the seat, the only thing I think would an issue is that they are mounted with a rivet. I have a grinder so removing them would be pretty smooth sailing, but do you have any ideas on how I’d make the original brackets stay connected to the seat?
The 2011 Ford Fusion was actually an SE model.

Hi Billy. Yes, I saw you mentioned it was an SE. However some model years had various Hybrid trim levels.
So it was easier to ask you than pull the 2011 Order Guides. ;)

And the reason I was wondering if it was Hybrid was on the off chance the rear seat brackets were different on Hybrid models, since the battery is located back there and the rear bulkhead structure is different. All a moot point as it turns out..

I have not looked at the seat bracket mechanisms or fastening methods, so can not help you there.

Perhaps one of our tech members will jump in to help.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts