FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shock: that little thing is fast. Gave the V-6 a run for the money. That thing would blow the socks off a "stocker"......... :shock:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I had one for a while and I also raced one in my modded Zephyr. It would definitely destroy a stock V6 fusion/Milan. You pretty much need the intake/retune/exhaust combo(at least) to beat one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do......... :lol:

·
Registered
596 Posts
yup, that thing is hella fast... back when I had my V6 with all the goodies, I couldnt catch up to the SI on the freeway... but it seemed like the SI wasn't running stock either....

now, running at 380 bhp on my volvo.. I can gdefinitely return the favor ;)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Paul, plan on modding the s60R any? Kinda a stupid question considering your old Fusion. As far as mods, what do you have planned?

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=Jaysen link=topic=93324.msg1823811#msg1823811 date=1193878898]
Paul, plan on modding the s60R any? Kinda a stupid question considering your old Fusion. As far as mods, what do you have planned?
[/quote]

lol Im already done modding it.. that's why it's 380 bhp right now and not the regular 300bhp.

So far I have:
IPD Tune - bringing up the turbo from 14spi (stock) to 19 spi, as well as other things that come with chipping the car
TME Downpipe
EVOLVE sport exhaust
EuroSport Sport filter

The cost of the above 4 parts? ~$3600. :surrender:

As for the future...
I'll be adding spring, and sway bars... that's it as far as perfomance.

Currently waiting of my arrival of 6000K HID light and 6000K D2S bulbs....

·
Registered
596 Posts
you know it... I will definitely make videos, but not until I feel like I've accomplished everything I intended to.
Soon, though, very soon.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=watufaka link=topic=93324.msg1822950#msg1822950 date=1193861741]
[/quote]

yea, you do. It's not like the car is an automatic and its extra peaky, so to really see the performance you have to be a good driver and beat on it. You're talking about a car that does 0 to 60 in 6.5 sec stock. The Steeda fusion could only muster a 6.7 sec run to 60(stock fusion is 7.5). A well driven Si will EAT a V6 fusion no problem.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I do not believe this Civic Si whipping up on a Fusion V6. The Civic Si has 197 horse to the Fusion's 221 or whatever. The Civic also only has 139lb/ft of torque to the Fusion's 205lb/ft. I mean I have owned two Fusion V6's and they both will throw me back in my seat merging onto the freeway. There is NO WAY a car like the Civic with no torque essentially is going to keep up. Now from a standstill it may run pretty neck and neck with it's manual tranny, but torque will eventually take over and I would bet the Fusion will outrun it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=93324.msg1823984#msg1823984 date=1193883476]
[/quote]

yea, you do. It's not like the car is an automatic and its extra peaky, so to really see the performance you have to be a good driver and beat on it. You're talking about a car that does 0 to 60 in 6.5 sec stock. The Steeda fusion could only muster a 6.7 sec run to 60(stock fusion is 7.5). A well driven Si will EAT a V6 fusion no problem.
[/quote]

Come get some .......... thats all I have to say.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=93324.msg1824419#msg1824419 date=1193900209]
Now from a standstill it may run pretty neck and neck with it's manual tranny, but torque will eventually take over and I would bet the Fusion will outrun it.
[/quote]

First, numbers don't lie. The Civic is just as fast or faster than a stock or lightly modified V6 Fusion.

Second, the sentence I quoted is actually opposite of what is true when comparing a higher displacement car against a lighter, higher revving one. The Fusion should have no problem getting a jump off the line, but Honda motors really scream (avoiding V-tec reference....) at high RPMS and will run away at speed. Torque is good for pulling off the line, but the Honda will rev itself away at speed.

Oh, and street racing is bad, mmkay.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Just race the SI up a hill -- when he's not expecting. The minuscule torque will take forever to catch you:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
[quote author=watufaka link=topic=93324.msg1824480#msg1824480 date=1193916857]
[quote author=Talisman link=topic=93324.msg1823984#msg1823984 date=1193883476]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Come get some .......... thats all I have to say.
[/quote]

you bring a bone stock Si Civic to Iowa and I'll race you with my flashed (Ford) Fusion V6 and if you win I'll give you my pink slip, deal? And vice-versa. I ought to get enough out of the little Honda tincan to make my payments for a few months. You guys' logic is flawed here. Are you forgetting the Fusion V6 also has variable valve timing? So let me get this straight; you're saying that the Fusion will undoubtedly get a jump off the line but then suddenly the Civic's 139lb/ft of torque is suddenly going to outmuscle the Fusion's 205lb/ft and pass it? This may be the funniest thing I've read online-ever.
ps. I'm still running the stock 16's- which means I accelerate a little quicker than the larger wheeled Fusions. I think the Si has 17's or 18's, right?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=93324.msg1825272#msg1825272 date=1193942028]
You guys' logic is flawed here. Are you forgetting the Fusion V6 also has variable valve timing? So let me get this straight; you're saying that the Fusion will undoubtedly get a jump off the line but then suddenly the Civic's 139lb/ft of torque is suddenly going to outmuscle the Fusion's 205lb/ft and pass it? This may be the funniest thing I've read online-ever.
[/quote]

No, our logic isn't flawed and it's backed up by performance figures from all reputable sources and magazines.

The Fusion is heavier than the Civic and is tied down to an automatic transmission. The Si is a manual transmission with a rev happy motor that doesn't hit its sweet spot until high in the RPM range. So sure, you'll jump out to an early lead, but you'll soon see the Si sneaking up to you. Both go 0-60 in the low 7's and both pull 15.2-15.5 1/4 miles.

I'm not claiming that the Si is fast and will whoop a Fusion, just saying that there's a chance (with a good driver) that it'll show a Fusion its taillights. You're acting like the Fusion (in any common state of modification) is a fast car :?

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=93324.msg1825308#msg1825308 date=1193942720]
You're acting like the Fusion (in any common state of modification) is a fast car :?
[/quote]

lol, tell me about it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
well, I'm not sure about yours but mine is very fast. maybe you guys drive the slow I-4. a flashed stock Fusion V6 runs just like a late 90's Mustang GT, actually it has more horsepower as well. that's why I like it so much, it's a wolf in sheeps clothing. being tied to the 6-spd is not a bad thing. I've yet to read anything negative about this gearbox. just because something is manual doesn't always make it faster than an auto. remember the '93 Toyota Celica? the auto would outrun the manual easily.
I don't know the weights of the fusion/civic nor do I care. All I know is that I've ridden in civics, new and old and they do not have any power or torque. It may rev high but it is not going to catch a Fusion once it's pulled it's lead. Nowhere does the Civic make more torque and once behind it's common sense that if you get behind and have less power/torque there is no way you can catch up. Think about what you're saying. If you race a Ninja ZX14 against a Ninja ZX6R the 14 is going to jump it off the line and immediately be in the lead. It has tons more power and torque than the ZX6. BUT, the ZX6 will rev a lot higher than the ZX14, does this mean it's suddenly going to "sneek" up on the ZX14? Well, according to you guys yes. That is insane. Same type of model as the civic sneeking up on the Fusion V6. It can't happen. Only a rev-limiter would keep the Fusion from beating the civic. W/out a limiter, a stock V6 Fusion will top out at 140mph. I'm done with this pissing contest, it's stupid. But I just want the Fusion to get it's kudos for being a very quick sedan.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I am not saying one is faster than the other or better, nor to I think street racing is a good idea. But the civic has a better areo. Power to weight the civic wins. More "race-like" inspired gearing aswell. Auto to manual comparision is mainly about drivetrain loss, obvisouly it being greater in a auto car. The new Si is no longer your avg. "4-banger"

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
:dur:

Don't know why I'm even responding to such nonsense, but here ya go...

[quote author=iowaguy link=topic=93324.msg1825602#msg1825602 date=1193950905]
well, I'm not sure about yours but mine is very fast.
[/quote]

We must have a different opinion of fast. A car that maybe runs high 14's is not fast to me.

I don't know the weights of the fusion/civic nor do I care.
[/quote]

That's where you fall flat on your face. So because an school bus has more HP than the Fusion, it must be faster!

Nowhere does the Civic make more torque and once behind it's common sense that if you get behind and have less power/torque there is no way you can catch up. Think about what you're saying.
[/quote]

Man, give me some of what you're smoking. You probably think that an Lotus Elise couldn't catch you. After all, it's just a high revving 4 cylinder and weight is NOT a factor.

If you race a Ninja ZX14 against a Ninja ZX6R the 14 is going to jump it off the line and immediately be in the lead. It has tons more power and torque than the ZX6. BUT, the ZX6 will rev a lot higher than the ZX14, does this mean it's suddenly going to "sneek" up on the ZX14?
[/quote]

This is a poor, poor analogy. It would be more meaningful if you compared a smaller displacement sport bike to a larger displacement cruiser. The cruiser might be able to keep up down low, but the sport bike will rev to 11k and the cruiser would be eating dust.

It can't happen.
[/quote]

Why? Because you say so? So all the car mags, car owners, etc. are somehow wrong when they test their cars or take it to the track? How do you dispute hard data saying that they run comparable (within a few 1/10ths) times in the 1/4 mile, similar 0-60 figures, etc.?

W/out a limiter, a stock V6 Fusion will top out at 140mph.
[/quote]

Great piece of info here. Next time these two get pitting against each other at Talladega it should be interesting. :bash:

I'm done with this pissing contest, it's stupid.[/quote]

You're right, it is stupid. It's stupid because you can't admit that a Civic Si can keep up with a Fusion.

I like the Fusion/Milan, etc., hence why I bought one. I don't need to be a fanboy, though.

·
Registered
382 Posts
nah, not what i said. I'm disputing the fact that the Civic will "kill" a "stock" Fusion V6. Your school bus is a poor analogy because the weight diff is huge, actually a much poorer analogy than my sportbike. high 14's for a stock V6 Ford sedan is pretty darn fast. what's a WS6 firebird do, 13's with an average driver and that is one very fast car. let's just be glad we own pretty nice ford sedans and defend it a little more than just accepting posts that say an Si will kill a V6 Fusion. omt, a Lotus elise or whatever is a far cry from a Civic Si. I would bet the civic outweighs the lotus more than the fusion outweighs the civic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts