FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all I'm new here when these 2006 were new cars I didnt like them because of their looks I despised them then I ended up buying one a few years ago, and it's my favorite car I like it more than my mustang besides the engine performance. The car has 200k exactly I bought it at 130k the only thing I've had to do is the knock sensor, and maintenance (fluid changes, brakes, filters) well I've been looking at other first gen fusions to buy to replace this one as my daily driver. And I wanted to start modding this one, I'm not worried about then engine blowing up because I can get used ones with around 100k on them for 300$ and if need be I can rebuild motors I have my own shop. So my questions are, what can I do as far as performance and yes I know I could spend that money on something else and it be way faster but I want to mod a first gen fusion out the behind. My plan is to make a drag racer out of it to take it to the strip. I want to do a turbo setup on it but I dont want to just turbo it I'd like to go through the whole motor top to bottom and mod it so what are my options as far as mods to it and is there any way to mod the transmission to hold up to the power i want to make or do i need to search for a stronger transmission any help appreciated only thing I've been able to find is a turbo header and I'm not sure if it's even for this car. My car is a 2006 Fusion SE 2.3l 5speed automatic. Thanks much

Edit: I want to leave it FWD for the class i want to race in and would prefer the 2.3l because I dont want the headache of swapping the wiring and so on

1 - 1 of 1 Posts