FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have an '06 Milan with the 2.3L. It has 73K miles. I got it last year from a family member.

It has a check engine light on, and the code is p0128. Coolant thermostat temperature below regulating temperature. This started probably 5 months ago.

Most of the online discussion about this code seems to be about a stuck thermostat. I would expect a stuck thermostat to prevent the engine from heating up properly. And maybe the heater would not work well.

This has not been my experience. Judging by the temp gauge, the engine reaches normal temp in 5-10 minutes, just like it has since I got the car. And the heater would cook biscuits.

Because of this I decided to replace the engine temp sensor last weekend. I erased the trouble code. On about the 3rd day of driving, the same trouble code came back.

Replacing the thermostat is easy enough but I don't want to waste my time if that's not the issue. Any recommendations?

·
Super Moderator
5,738 Posts
Hello. I have an '06 Milan with the 2.3L. It has 73K miles. I got it last year from a family member.

It has a check engine light on, and the code is p0128. Coolant thermostat temperature below regulating temperature. This started probably 5 months ago.

Most of the online discussion about this code seems to be about a stuck thermostat. I would expect a stuck thermostat to prevent the engine from heating up properly. And maybe the heater would not work well.

This has not been my experience. Judging by the temp gauge, the engine reaches normal temp in 5-10 minutes, just like it has since I got the car. And the heater would cook biscuits.

Because of this I decided to replace the engine temp sensor last weekend. I erased the trouble code. On about the 3rd day of driving, the same trouble code came back.

Replacing the thermostat is easy enough but I don't want to waste my time if that's not the issue. Any recommendations?

Hi pollock. Try here: https://www.obd-codes.com/p0128

It lists possible causes and also possible solutions.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts