FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is somehting I was pondering about over the weekend. Since the 2.3L is half of the 4.6L V8, I was wondering how different is the 2.3L head from the Mustang heads? Or could they be the same!?!

Curious if the mustang head flow better has bigger ports...? Maybe we could slap them on to the 2.3L engine...???

Has anyone investigated this?

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds great if I wanted to install a turbo. To do that conversion would take alot of development time on a dyno to get a good drivable calibration in the PCM.

I would rather buy simple bolt ons like: a new intake manifold, big bore throttle body, headers/exhaust complete, and a chip.

·
Registered
702 Posts
[quote author=Milan2007 link=topic=90567.msg1753095#msg1753095 date=1191326406]
Sounds great if I wanted to install a turbo. To do that conversion would take alot of development time on a dyno to get a good drivable calibration in the PCM.

I would rather buy simple bolt ons like: a new intake manifold, big bore throttle body, headers/exhaust complete, and a chip.
[/quote]

I don't think that the 2.3 in the fusion is basically a 4.6 in half because the old 4.6 was a 2v, our fusion is a 4v, flows better anyway.

I do love the idea of a big bore throttle body, I think it would work well if Jusnes's intake system.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The 3v 4.6s and the 2.3 Duratecs have very very similar head gaskets. Not really confidant that mustang heads will do us a whole lot of good, but I am curious to see something real done.

·
Registered
840 Posts
those heads are mounted in the sides i beleive, and bend in inward, then have a pipe rolling back. i dont think it would work, you'd have to fab up something.

instead, get a cosworth duratec race header... they fit our car perfect. you'd have to get a different downpipe though.

BUT i believe it only has ONE connection for a o2 sensor which would mean... going to my post on the jusnes childboard and posting about how you want them to make a tune that eliminated the REAR o2 sensor!!!!

http://www.cosworth.com/shop_item.php?productid=58 - Cosworth Duratec Race Header
http://www.cosworth.com/shop_item.php?productid=72 - Cosworth Duratec Intake Manifold

·
Registered
840 Posts
i assumed headers, but if hes talking about a cylinder head then im not sure :/ i doubt that would work though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 2.3L Headers

Does anyone esle (besides Cosworth) make headers for the Fusion/Milan 2.3L?? I was going to send an email to Steeda to findout if they are in process of developing one for the 2.3L.

I hate to just buy the Magna flow cat back system...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would like to see steeda or somebody else do a bolt on mazdaspeed 3 head for our car. I would definately buy it especially if it needed dyno tuning.

·
Registered
840 Posts
if you buy hi flow headers/down pipe. gut out your cat, and get a o2 simulator for the rear sensor, otherwise, you really wont gain much performance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts