FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 2.0 ecoboost FF will not start. The engine cranks but it doesn’t start. I removed the intake manifold and reinstalled it with new felpro gasket, replaced the spark plugs (factory MC) and tried to start the car with the coil packs disconnected by mistake. The car has 69k miles and was running fine until removal and reinstallation. Grill shutter is also closed now. The following are the codes which seem to point to an issue with a connector somewhere or a fuse.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just got done walnut blasting my valves and ran into a very similar issue, damn near had a heart attack!

In my case I swapped to plugs on the left side of the intake manifold. These 2 plugs are identical and I had them swapped around giving me 3 codes and not allowing to vehicle to run. I don't remember 100% but I believe I had P0236, P0113, and another I don't remember. It really looks like you have a bunch of wires connected to the incorrect plugs.

This is the correct configuration.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive fuel system

I didnt realize this post was as old as it was, hope you got it figured out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
In my case, yes it was swapped, but that only gave me 3 codes. For that particular sensor there is a plug with a "short" wire, and one with the long. The short one needs to go to the front of the intake.

There seem to be a bunch of plugs that are identical on the front of this car, I don't understand why they didn't use different connectors. There are 2 more under the intake that are identical as well, I'm not sure how hard it would be to accidently swap them around, but they are pretty close to each other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Thank you for your response. I will check it out tomorrow. My battery on my car was on its last leg so I’m sure that’s where all the other codes came from due to low voltage. I would full charge it and after 5-10 mins push button on, the battery was down to 10.5v.

I will update the post once it’s resolved. Thanks again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hope you get it figured out.

Different vehicle, but my expedition would not drive and threw a bunch of codes when my battery was going out. These modern vehicles are really picky with voltages now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did the switch on the map sensor and the HPFR connector and the car started right up. Changing the plugs now since that caused them to get flooded. Thanks again for the help. I’ve had plenty heart attacks over the past few days. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts