Registered
08 2.3L SE *SAP/Red Apperance*
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone swapped out this shifter
Car Automotive design Gear shift Vehicle Steering part

for this style?
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Plant

I’m just not 100% sure it could be used? I don’t see why not as long as the cables connected, right?
oh ye it’s a 08 Red suede!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Yes, you can swap just the handle rather than the whole assembly. Depending on the donor vehicle, you may need to trim the lower chrome plastic piece (which it actually looks like you're missing).

I did this swap prior to the facelifted models coming out so the handle had to come from a Lincoln. The 2010-2012 handle is likely a direct swap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you can swap just the handle rather than the whole assembly. Depending on the donor vehicle, you may need to trim the lower chrome plastic piece (which it actually looks like you're missing).

I did this swap prior to the facelifted models coming out so the handle had to come from a Lincoln. The 2010-2012 handle is likely a direct swap.
I thought of that just want to sure if the handle would fit correctly or not! I’ll have to try it! N I do have that piece just not on the assembly atm lmfao, thanks for your insight bro

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Any ideas how to go about removing the current handle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts