FordFusionClub.com banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

· Registered
2,840 Posts
please tell me thats not a head halo on the passenger side windshield and its from the airbag. Is she really tore up structurally? maybe you can buy her back on salvage title for $500 and make her a true track car!!!! after getting a new door windshield etc. She looks like she took most of the damage in the door and rear quarter sheet metal. The ds rocker still looks in relatively good shape? Just saying take calamity and make lemon aid. A good body shop can replace that rear quarter and hang a new door. it just looks like she is salvageable. not from insurance stand point but from a rebuildable stand point even if you buy it back on salvage drop the subframes. remove interior and get a donor body. You would keep all the low millage quality parts it didnt take a hit in the enther subframe areas. How is the other side?

· Registered
5,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I'm not sure what caused the passenger side shatter in the windshield. I'm guessing it wasn't the airbag, because those things were weak as shit, the driver bag didn't even hit me. I'll hear details tomorrow. The rocker panel is totally unaffected, but the quarter panel needs replacing.

· Registered
2,359 Posts
That is just insane. Im very sorry to hear about this Adam. It actually infuriates me a bit. I see these moronic drivers on the daily. Now I want to hunt one down for the sake of your miata!! Keep us updated! Glad you're safe! But this happened right after buying all your goodies? Draggg. Best of luck with the whole situation bro!

· Registered
17,877 Posts
[quote author=blackfusion06 link=topic=201169.msg4158615#msg4158615 date=1323402599]
well hopefully they wont total it and you will get it back.
[/quote]

Almost a guaranteed total/salvage. Airbag deployment alone in an older vehicle like that will total most cars ($$$ wise). Add in the body damage, windshield, etc. and it's a goner :(

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.