FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, new fusion owner. I am looking to put on some 19" rims and I wanted to know what I needed to do to get it done. DO I need to get the car lowered? The size of the rim is 19x8 and the size of the tire would be 235/35-19. Help a brotha out!

·
Registered
255 Posts
19s are very expensive i suggest a 20inx8.5 fit and save a few thousand dollers. id suggest lowering it to with eibach pro kit lose the 4x4 look after putting on those rims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the 20's would look better and the tires would be cheaper to replace if necessary. I'd think there would be more tires to choose from as well. 19" wheels are less common than 20's. Eibach or H&R springs would take care of that unsightly wheel gap too!

·
Registered
37 Posts
i'm running 235/35/19, the overall diameter is actually .4" smaller than the stock 225/5017. I have the H&R drop and there is still about an inch and a half gap. 245/40/19 might be a better choice (my next size when I wear these out...) if you go TWENTY INCHES STRONG.... 245/35/20 fits perfect with the drop. Cost wise, prices are about the same depending on the brand. Sears sells the Falken FK452 in 245 /35/ 20 for about $145.00 each the Azenis St115 for $200.00 each 19's are in that same range. I paid $155.00 each for Hankook Ventus.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
They have springs for the 500. They were available before springs for the Fusion!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well there are all kinds of folks claiming to have springs but none actually have them in stock so far. I have called several of the large companies that manufacture them and they are still in R&D from what I have been told. I have found not a sole that can actually put their hands on a pair.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I called Intrax themselves and they stated they are not available at this time. Interesting it is....I guess I could just cut some coils!! 8)

·
Registered
66 Posts
20s look better...then the 1.6 drop make it look better and sets the car in a much better stance....and that silver 500....nice rims...i know if you get the drop kit...uhh..it would look way better...... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
i bought my fusion for economical reasons, thus gas mileage is an issue for me... i do want to dress it up a bit w/ some rims. i have a set of 22's on my XUV and rims itself reduced my milage by 1/3 because of the weight. i'd like to go w/ 20's on the fusion as well, but i'm concerned about gas mileage. could someone w/ the i4 w/ 20's post the set up they have and the mileage your geting? 18's are too small...19's are to expensive...20's on gas???

·
Registered
66 Posts
my tires are 225/35r20 and the car is droped 1.6 inches....i really wanted the 235/30r20 or 245/30r20 but didnt want to give up my steering range since it sucks on the fusion with stock wheels either way so i had to get wheels with A BIG LIP just to Give it the illusion of a WIDE TIRE (((%)))

but regarding weight and all that stuff my wheels were the same as the stock 16 metal wheels it came with and gas has been no problem on my 6cyl and i have no problems with them....other than pot holes are MY ENEMY

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
You can get wheels that weigh less and look better at the same time. I want to go chrome, so I am going to have to get relatively heavy ones, I fear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking of adding 22's and lowering my rid. I have a uy at work that does all my rims and stuff and he thinks he can get it to whgere they don't rub. i'll have piucs when it's all done

·
Registered
178 Posts
Is it better to buy 17" or 18" ? What do you guys think ? I was told 17" don't add to the circumference so tachometer will still read the same blabh ablah, so I was convinced to buy 17". Is there any other negative effect of having 18'' 's ?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
On the tachometer? I don't see why that would be thrown off unless your tire size if greatly changed. Tires/WHeels won't affect engine revolution THAT much...

·
Registered
178 Posts
lol..i meant odometer... mb :(

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hah!

Well, I think that you could do a few mods at one time, and fix all the problems that you may cause with the different tire size.

1.) It couldn't possibly THAT much of a size difference that it will throw off racking up an extra mile for every 10 you drive. I doubt it could even add one miles for every 100. If anything, you are talking an inch of difference in circumference. Maybe 0.7". Who knows.

There is a good site to get an approximate size difference [http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html]. Note that how wide the wheel is, the tire manufacturer and a few other variables will affect the total final tire circumference. That site is a great starting point, though.

2.) To fix any problems, AND gain some performance -- purchase an X2 Power Programmer from Bob over at Jusnes Modified and he can re-program your car with more power, better torque, increased throttle response and fix the odometer and speedometer with the different tires and wheels.

I already have a tuner, so when I get tires and wheels, I won't have to worry about the size. he can send me the tune and I can load it up!

Just for fun, today I looked up some 19" wheels vs. 20" on the pricing issue. The 19" are a bit more money -- but I just feel that for MY needs -- 20" is too big, 18" is not worth upgrading from my stock 17", and 19" would be perfect and not commonly seen...

I guess being unique and perfect as to what you need takes money...ugh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone... New to the forum..

I am looking really hard into getting a Zephyr, as far as rims i'm wondering what will fit?
I know our cars share the same platform, but want to make sure of what is possible and will work before I spend $$$$

Thinking about 19's with 245/40-19's

20's seem a little big to me and I would like to retain some shred of the lincoln's ride...

Is that 19" rim and tire combination a good match with a H&R drop?

Suggestions?

-C-

Kudos to those of you already on rails, sharp ass fusions.... Showing Ford can still look good...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts