FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove down to visit my parents in New Brunswick this past week. This was the first time I took our Fusion further than 150 kms away. The trip to Moncton from where I live is exactly 1000km. 800kms is freeway and the other 200 is oncoming highway.

This trip, which I do about 3 times per year, is one of the main reasons why I got rid of my 03 Suzuki Aerio and opted for the Fusion. By the time I would arrive I was dead from the cabin noise and the car was overloaded that it was dangerous at times.

I am very happy to report that the car was a gem to drive and that both ways I was in good enough shape to go out for a beer :) Cabin noise was very limited and mostly audible when doing aggressive passes and going up hills).

I had plenty of power to pass into oncoming traffic and also a good portion of my trip is in 'hilly' conditions and the car (4cyl auto) always had enough power to keep its speed (usually around 120-130 km/h). I used my cruise control alot (to stay out of trouble) and it had to downshift a few times to keep its pace. I'm not used to auto so I get the feeling the manual transmission in my Suzuki was more efficient but I'm comparing apples with oranges. the car always felt solidly put on the road :)

Fuel economy wise it was pretty good (better than the Suzuki) considering we were pretty loaded and we drove pretty fast (rarely below 120 (75mph)). 8.2l/100km (29mpg) for the drive there and 7.6 (31mpg) on the way back today. The high price of 1,14$/litre wasn't a big enough incentive to slow down and reduce my fuel consumption.

So, now at 5500km on the odometre, I'm due for my first oil change !!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=Nr9 link=topic=46607.msg719510#msg719510 date=1147576141]
damned quebecois . they have cars up there in canada?!?!
[/quote]

You forgot to end your sentence with 'eh' !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts