FordFusionClub.com banner

14.292@96?

17K views 95 replies 15 participants last post by  xD Mike 
#1 · (Edited)
Am sure I could of went faster. One of my 60fts where 2.1 that was a 2.2. there where over 300 cars there and it took us 45 mins to even get in the gates. My car was heat soaked to hell.. i will link the slip

P.s I a.m on very strong pain meds I just had major surgery. Sorry for my poor penmanship: p
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/images/0015/38/01/15968310_large.jpg

#3 ·
I can't wrap my head around this. To make up the difference in my 1/4 and yours, there would either need to be a ~400lb weight difference or 30-40hp more. Even being a factory freak, that just seems so unrealistic to me.

I know it happened, I'm just sayin'

#7 ·
I can't wrap my head around this. To make up the difference in my 1/4 and yours, there would either need to be a ~400lb weight difference or 30-40hp more. Even being a factory freak, that just seems so unrealistic to me.

I know it happened, I'm just sayin'

That makes 2 of us...

#13 ·
Hi all. :wavey: Just wanted to correct an unintentional factual error. The Taurus SHO (@ ~4,025 lbs.) weighs approximately 500 pounds more than the Fusion Sport (@ ~3,591 lbs.), not 1,500 pounds more.

Also, for those reading this thread, keep in mind that the 3.5L engine in the Fusion Sport is not manufactured or rated for E-85 usage. It can not be overstated that using E-85, no matter how little or infrequently one may use it, can and will lead to internal engine damage. Like most mechanical damage, it may not be immediately apparent, but it will occur and be cumulative.

This information is provided for those who wish to know what E-85 usage can do to a non-85 rated vehicle. For those who don't care or wish to use it anyway, feel free to do so and I hope you avoid any long term damage.

Good luck. :cheers:

#14 · (Edited)
500 pounds is A lot more. Still the sho has a better power to weight ratio then a stock fusion
Everyone has there view on E-85 and on how much to use if you choice to use it. Hell the car can blow up tomorrow which am sure it won't. That's what factory warranty is for. As for long term effects. Am only keeping this car a few years and I barely drive it. The car runs strong with and without e-85 ;)

Thanks for your input and facts on the SHO

#26 · (Edited)
We should put together a drag date mid November (if they're still open). I'll go to help settle this. :D

Even with a slip, I still have to be a little skeptical.

Everything on the Internet is true, right? Bonjour.

http://www.milandragway.com/racing-schedule

#27 ·
I have nothing to prove to anyone here ;) take it or leave it those are MY MODS. I'll be more them happy to join you guys at Milan. Hell I may even run faster there because of my traction issues at lapeer. Keep me posted, if we do t make it this year there is always next year.. the track will always be there ;)

#35 ·
Today was the last day... You shaved a tenth and gained 2 mph nice. I was thinking about it and when I ran I only had 5,000 miles on my car and ran a 15 flat. Im hoping for some very low 14's come spring with the car being broken in and the new mods. I would be happy with a 14.4 or 14.5...

#36 ·
Messed with the tune a bit. I ran faster with crappy street tires then the hooser rain slicks I had, got a 9.300 1/8 mile I am gonna go back in a few weeks once the temperature drops into the mid40s :) it was 68F today beautiful day just a bad head wind. I really need a catback or atleast mufflers. 100mph trap would be nice ;) in the spring I'll hit up Milan because I'll have drag radials and can use the water box. Btw are you fwd or awd. There was a awd sport there a few weeks ago running low 15s.

#37 · (Edited)
It still blows me away how you can be 4/10ths of a second faster with the same mods. Based on the common drag knowledge of 100 lbs / 10th, you'd need the car to weigh just over 3100 lbs. The only other offset, in this case, is power and torque. Even if it was a factory freak, the power increase that would be necessary to make up for those 4/10ths is not even realistic.

I've been to the track numerous times, all different conditions, and consistently run 14.6xx. So either there is something wrong with my car or you aren't telling us something.

I'll beat this horse until its extra dead and then I will beat it some more...

EDIT: Based on 1/4 mile calculators, based on the same curb weight, a car with 231 WHP (mine has been dynoed) should do a 14.55 at best. That's pretty close to what I've run.

If you add another 20 WHP to that, the calculator shows 14.15. I don't think it's realistic for a "factory freak" to make another 20 WHP over another car.

I'll believe it when I see the car do it in a video or in person. Until then, I will remain skeptical.

#42 · (Edited)
It still blows me away how you can be 4/10ths of a second faster with the same mods. Based on the common drag knowledge of 100 lbs / 10th, you'd need the car to weigh just over 3100 lbs. The only other offset, in this case, is power and torqDyno lEven if it was a factory freak, the power increasecatback.uld be necessary to make up for those 4/10ths is not even realistic.

I've been to the track numerous times, all different conditions, and consistently run 14.6xx. So either there is something wrong with my car or you aren't telling us something.

I'll beat this horse until its extra dead and then I will beat it some more...

EDIT: Based on 1/4 mile calculators, based on the same curb weight, a car with 231 WHP (mine has been dynoed) should do a 14.55 at best. That's pretty close to what I've run.

If you add another 20 WHP to that, the calculator shows 14.15. I don't think it's realistic for a "factory freak" to make another 20 WHP over another car.

I'll believe it when I see the car do it in a video or in person. Until then, I will remain skeptical.
Dude I have NO reason to lie. The car runs extremely strong! I ran 14.6 stock on a 85F day. I raced a stock 2006 300c today and beat it barely. I'll Dyno the car! Am guessing around 260-270 to the wheels. I haven't done anything more to the car then what I stated. where is this dyno located? I was gonna wait for MRT to release there cat-back. ive seen stock LS1s f-bodys run high 12s with tires. And some only run mid 13s with tires. No two cars are alike. I cant wait to see you and everyone else at milan this spring ;)

#43 ·
im so going to be at this drag day in the spring. Grudge match 10sbmsport vs. SlowLSJ CANT WAIT!!!!!

#49 ·
Oh I remember now... That does suck man. You are a higher altitude but it still shouldnt be that slow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.