FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else belong to their local tracks 100mph club? I took my fusion up to 107 beating out some serious muscle cars, even a 2004 Mach 1 like my cousin has, the guy only managed to hit 101.7 and yet he accelerates twice as fast I guess he got scared. The best is 140 or so i forget which car it is. I wasn't the only guy with a four door non muscle car though some imports were there including both german and Japanese (BMW HONDA etc)

anyone else in the club?

·
Registered
215 Posts
107 in an AWD fusion? I call

·
Registered
702 Posts
I say it's possible too because he is driving the best handling fusion you can buy. I'm assuming I understand he really does mean a track and not 1/4 mile runs, right?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Of course a track and I'll admit it took some time to get up to speed to like I said I got smoked I'm towards the bottom of the list of members but for this club all you gotta do is have some balls to keep the pedal down, we use a really great drag strip some of the cars there this weekend went upwards of 200mph

car is stock for now but mods are coming.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hello,

I'm not sure how much difference there is between the trap timing and the speedo but the SE V-6 hits the limiter at 110mph without any effort and quite quickly. This was done on the highway not a track.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I dont think 100 mph is a big deal. Been a little over that a few times just to hear the I4 sing. People do it regularly in all kinds of cars from what I notice around here in Northern Az. No track needed, just a clear stretch. Problem is too many people are doing it under unsafe conditions, in cars that are unsafe, and while intoxicated.

Late

·
Registered
463 Posts
I drove through Northern Arizona back in March with a rented FX35 and I would have much preferred my V-6 Fusion. It was strange to see a pickup towing a trailer going 110 on the highway but with everybody else treating it like the Autobahn I had a little fun myself!

In the Fusion I have hit the 111mph limiter one time. The 3.0 got me there fast and was pulling hard...much harder than the FX35 did at 110. I would hazzard a guess that the 3.0 could get close to 140 without the limiter.

NOTE: This is top speed, not trap speed. There is no way a bone-stock Fusion will break 100, trap speed.

G

·
Wow seriously, only 110 mph.

I have gone 125 mph in my 4 banger driving on the highway with my buddies, they have 2 mustangs, 1 gto, and a wrx sti. I was able to go that fast without the sct tuner. So I have no idea how fast I will go now.

But I am going to try hard to get into that 100 mph club at our local track.

·
Registered
702 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=78675.msg1497878#msg1497878 date=1182212333]
Wow seriously, only 110 mph.

I have gone 125 mph in my 4 banger driving on the highway with my buddies, they have 2 mustangs, 1 gto, and a wrx sti. I was able to go that fast without the sct tuner. So I have no idea how fast I will go now.

But I am going to try hard to get into that 100 mph club at our local track.
[/quote]

Well I thought that all fusions were limited to 112, but anyways you need to be carefull going that fast with the stock contis that you likely have on there, they're only rated to 118. Make sure you have very good air pressure. There are at least one post covering how to do that properly on this forum.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The fastest I have gone in my I4 was 90 and that was because I was late for work. I still have stock tires and I can't trust them over 90. They are still in good shape, but I take it easy on them. I have watched too many shows of accidents happening because of blow outs at high speeds.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I have been well into 115+ in the Fusion on the Freeway. Didn't think anything of it, felt very stable. I am on P Nero Zero tires and steeda springs. Only thing I would change is the brakes.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well I can tell you this from beign a past 03 Mach 1 owner. A stock mach traps a 120mph with 13.3 in a quater and that was my 1st run. My 60 foot was 2 feet which was good.

Either your cousing sucks at driving on the track or its total bull you posted. But there is no way a mach does less then 100mph on trap speed on a quater mile. Unless something is wrong with the car or you cant drive.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I topped out my car on the highway ;D 120 on the meter, but i was still pickup up speed while it was tapped out. im goin to the track this labor day weekend with my brother in law and his supped up evo. haha, im gonna drive my car, so im getting getting new rotors/pads put on as well as a helmet! should be a blast.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=MidNiteKnight link=topic=78675.msg1541903#msg1541903 date=1183853720]
Well I can tell you this from beign a past 03 Mach 1 owner. A stock mach traps a 120mph with 13.3 in a quater and that was my 1st run. My 60 foot was 2 feet which was good.

Either your cousing sucks at driving on the track or its total bull you posted. But there is no way a mach does less then 100mph on trap speed on a quater mile. Unless something is wrong with the car or you cant drive.

Just my two cents.
[/quote]

I believe he was refering to a road course, not a drag strip. Also, a Mach 1 DOES NOT trap 120mph unless the mph readers at the track are broken. In general, low 13 sec times in the 1/4 stay under 110mph unless its a car fast enough to let off at the end of the track.A mach one is not that type of car.You can run a 13.3 in one, but it should be at like 105 mph or so.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts