FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure, I saw the commercial on an american t.v. station. The milan isn't available for sure, because of the MKZ. Up here, the mercury dealerships are with the lincoln dealers. Dams licoln-mercury, etc...So I think they didn't want to be selling two cars that are so similar, yet with different price tags, etc... (the mkz is available) They used to sell the Taurus as well as the Sable, Tempos and Topaz, etc...So I don't know, the nearest Lincoln-Mercury dealer to me is about a 2.5 hr. drive. Doesn't really matter I guess because I'm not looking to buy one anyway.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The sable is a rebadged Montego, not Milan. It's in the same class as the 08 Taurus / Five Hundred. I haven't driven the Mercury Sable, but I've driven the new Taurus with the 3.5L V6 engine in it and it's not a bad car at all. If I were to buy a car today, I would have to seriously make a decision between the new Taurus and the Fusion. But, the Fusion would probably still win out since the 08 has the available Sport Appearance Package that gives some really nice additions.

The new Taurus behaves much better than the Five Hundred, mainly because I think the 3.5V6 is much more appropriate in this car than the 3.0 was when it was called the Five Hundred. Acceleration is much heftier than the 3.0 would allow it. The interior is very nice. I do like the rather cavernous space you get on the inside vs. the Fusion. Going from a truck to a car, I didn't think I would be able to tolerate the Fusion's size at first, but now I don't even notice it.

But honestly, out of all the Milan/Fusion/MKZ and Taurus/Sable choices available, I'd probably buy the MKZ if money wasn't an issue. Then again, if money still wasn't an issue, I'd buy a Mustang GT Convertible too :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts