FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Milan with 146k, Out of no where I found oil spots from under the front bumper, I jacked it up and looked under to find one of the trans cooler lines that runs to the top of the radiator on the passenger side, seeping oil out of it for about a foot and a half, Its terribly rusted and needs replaced, but why is it engine oil? I thought that those lines carried transmission oil for the auto trans. I am going to try to replace them tomorrow and change oil, but should these be seeping engine oil?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
They're leaking transmission fluid, it's just dirty or coming off the rusted line and picking up dirt to make you think it's dark.

I had the same problem with the transmission line on a 2006, just cut out the bad section and replaced with some high pressure transmission hose and a couple of good clamps, it's fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old post but our newly acquired '08 Fusion SE with 83k miles is leaking fluid from the same general area, according to your location description. It'll be awhile before I can take a look as my son lives an HR and a half away

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts