FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
no reason why I could think of it would not work. Int colors are still the same to match it up. I'm pretty sure these run off battery power do not think the ones i've seen are hard wired. (not positive on that)

·
Registered
505 Posts
going by the description in the ford accessories catalog, they are not hardwired to anything. and they operate independantly of each other (to watch the same movie on both screens you would need to have two DVDs).

I'm not sure about the power input. I don't see any wires but that doesn't mean anything. since there is no wired audio connection (it's done through FM modulation instead), then there may not be any wired power input either (although you could always mod it ;))

if you search the fordaccessories site for the fusion, those headrest monitors are not offered for the fusion. so i couldn't find a price or any specific details about it. since they're from ford, chances are the cost more than they're worth. you can buy aftermarket headrest monitors pretty cheap nowdays (some are preassembled headrests like the ford OEM models and some require cutting into the back of the factory headrest).

:wavey:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been researching just this topic for the last three weeks (I really don't want to cut the leather on the stock head rests nor do I want non-matching head rests. Ford has licensed Invision Industries to make them. http://www.invisionindustries.com/products.html They are "decent", but certainly not worth the top dollar they charge (I've seen between $1,400 - $2,200)

·
Registered
505 Posts
here's a link (with price) to the official Ford accessories DVD headrest monitor on FordAccessories.com, they cost $1,995.00 each!!!! :shock: I knew being a "Ford Licensed Accessory" that they would be overpriced, but I never guessed they would cost that much! yikes.. $2k is just plain ridiculous.

EDIT: the link doesn't go directly to the item, so type "DVD" (without the quotes) into the keyword box and click search. that will take you right to the DVD headrest monitor page.

@SGInut, I understand why you don't want to cut into your factory headrests, have you considered buying a new set of factory headrests and cutting into those instead? that way you would have perfect matched factory headrests with monitors. you can buy the headrests for around $85 from teamfordparts.com and you can get monitors on eBay for $120~$150 for a set of two, some even have built-in DVD players or come with an external DVD player as well ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.