FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all..new member here.. I have a 07 SEL that is having a problem with a drone-hum noise/slight vibration in the steering wheel around 66-69 mph loud, then at 71-73 mph real loud. It kinda sounds like tires but i dont know. Its like a repititive resonance that is coming from the end somewhere.. played around with tire pressures..nothing helps.. can put the car in neutral and it still does it.. it doesnt matter if im coasting or accelerating..i thought it might be wheel bearings but it doesnt change when i turn the wheel..

its sorta like ..hmmm..HMMM...hmmm..HMMMM

Any ideas.. is anyone else having the same problem or have noisy tires..

Thank you

Sage

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Mine is quiet at those speeds. You may have a tire out of balance or an alignment issue.

·
Registered
702 Posts
sound like a serious out of balance due to a alignment problem. My dad's Suburban used to do the same thing on the front end. We would rebalance it but then it would happen again because he wouldn't balance it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Sounds like you have a problem mine is very quiet at those speeds

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is this interior noise or what may be tire noise? If it's coming from the outside your tires are probably chopped. How many miles are on the car and when was the last time you had your tires rotated?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Pretty sure you need to get your tires balanced. You may even have a bad tire. But it's probably a balance issue. Take it to the dealer and they should fix it for you for free since your car is so new.

I had a Focus a few years ago and I had the same problem. It ended up being a bad tire completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts