FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 Fusion SE with a new rattle/binding noise, that seems to be on the driver side. It has gone from non-existent to obnoxious in one day. Does it moving slower (or it's because of low road noise). Any bump, small or large, sometimes while parked, giving the wheel a slight turn.
Car has 88,000 miles. Could it be a sway bar link? The CV boot looks good. Help please?

·
Registered
09 Fusion SE 3.0L V6
4 Posts
Check your outer tie rod ends. Just grab each one and give a good jiggle, or lift each wheel and try to jiggle the wheel left to right (towards 3 and 9 on a clock). My 09 had the same issue, replaced outer tie rod ends and all is well.
If that's not it, it could be any of the ball joints going bad or struts wearing out. Of course it could be a bad sway bar link too, or even bad sway bar bushings.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check your outer tie rod ends. Just grab each one and give a good jiggle, or lift each wheel and try to jiggle the wheel left to right (towards 3 and 9 on a clock). My 09 had the same issue, replaced outer tie rod ends and all is well.
If that's not it, it could be any of the ball joints going bad or struts wearing out. Of course it could be a bad sway bar link too, or even bad sway bar bushings.
I'm kinda hoping for the sway bar link, because I might be able to do that myself. Lol. I'm no mechanic. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts