2014 Fusion.... Ordered!! - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
wilsonfusion86
Moped Rider

Default 2014 Fusion.... Ordered!!

Finally put my order in for a 2014 Fusion today. Was kind of bummed that when I was ready to do it a month ago I found out they stopped building the 2013's; And production for the 2014's doesn't start until September 3rd (last I heard). It actually worked out to my favor. And with a little patience, I'll finally be able to get what I want. Part of being patient was seeing the order guide for the 2014's with rumors of this and that being added/removed. My Dad works for Ford back up in the Motor City (where I'm originally from), so that worked out for me as well with confirmations.

2014 Ford Fusion SE

- 2.0l EcoBoost
- 202A Luxury Package
- Oxford White
- Charcoal Black Leather
- 18" Gloss Black Wheels
- MFT/Nav/Rear view camera
- Intelligent Access/Remote Start
- Cargo Net
- (& extra goodies I'll add later)

Glad to be using my Dad's A-plan too, because every little helps. There is only a $500 rebate currently for the SE, hopefully that will go up. I'll be trading in my Titanium Focus when it comes time. I know it will be a little bit of a wait, but it will be well worth it. More power and more space in the new car.

Did not want the Titanium trim level of the Fusion because it had too much techy crap that I would never use; so why pay for it (I'm only 26 so you would think I would want all that stuff too). Espcially got startled at first, then annoyed by the Collision Alert System. That got old after the first two corners when test driving a Ti. Basically I built a Titanium without all the technology added extras which make the Ti price what it is. Biggest difference was that I loved the leather seats in the SE way more than the ones in the Ti. My butt loved them ten-fold. Nuff said. Test drove one, didn't want a Ti.

Anywho, and the Blind Spot Monitoring System....I've gotten so used to using the Blind Spot Mirror buldge on my Focus side mirrors, I actually prefer that and use them quite well (feels weird getting into a car without them b/c it's like my eyes are trained!)

Not everyone loves MFT, but it doesn't bother me. It actually works well for when I use it. And one thing I couldn't live without, was the intelligent access/remote start. It has come in handy more times than not, especially when carrying groceries, loading cargo, getting the dog in the car carrying stuff, etc. Just leave the fob in my pocket and off we go!

The only thing that will be missed is the interior ambient lighting, and the Sony speaker sound system (of what I have now with my Ti Focus, and that which come with the Ti Fusion. But at the end of the day, ambient lighting is not a deal breaker...annnnd anyone can upgrade their sound system!

Can't wait to join the ranks of other Fusion drivers!

Last edited by wilsonfusion86; 07-07-2013 at 12:24 AM.
wilsonfusion86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
ahanix1989

Send a message via ICQ to ahanix1989 Send a message via AIM to ahanix1989 Send a message via MSN to ahanix1989 Send a message via Yahoo to ahanix1989

Aw but the ambient lighting is what makes the girls go crazy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/63jeotgzda...604_204936.jpg

So what's new in the 2014s?
ahanix1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #3
BlueOvalStang
Moped Rider

Welcome to the 2014 order club! Our order just went in on the 1st, so the wait begins for both of us! Your car sounds great. We went with:

SE 2.0
Sunset
Appearance package
Remote start
Moonroof

We were able to use z-plan, so the price was great. Have you heard any confirmation that all gas production is moving to flat rock? Since Hermosillo is scheduled to start 7/14, that would mean gas production would be halted for six weeks? I thought that Flat Rock was going to help bolster production in general, so maybe our early '14 orders will come out of Hermosillo? Who knows I guess. Congrats on the order!
BlueOvalStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #4
vertmustang98gt
Short Track Racer

Congrats on the order as well. As much gripe as people give the 2.0 EcoBoost, I have zero reasons to complain coming from the 2.5L.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
Topweasel
Go-Kart Driver

Just want to note that a lot of the things you didn't like (besides the seats) of the Ti you drove aren't part of the standard Ti package (or at least weren't part of the 2013 package).

But gratz on the new car. Hope it comes in ASAP for you and I hope that they have worked out some of the growing pains.
Topweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
wilsonfusion86
Moped Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahanix1989 View Post
Aw but the ambient lighting is what makes the girls go crazy
https://www.dropbox.com/s/63jeotgzda...604_204936.jpg

So what's new in the 2014s?
It looks sweet no doubt and I do love it, but not going to be justified over the price of the Ti just to get little features like this haha. Mainly, I wanted to keep the push button start/intelligent accesss I have in my Ti Focus. They added this to the 2014 SE. Again, more of a price jump to a Ti if I got this as a 2013 model because it was only offered with a Ti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalStang View Post
Welcome to the 2014 order club! Our order just went in on the 1st, so the wait begins for both of us! Your car sounds great. We went with:

SE 2.0
Sunset
Appearance package
Remote start
Moonroof

We were able to use z-plan, so the price was great. Have you heard any confirmation that all gas production is moving to flat rock? Since Hermosillo is scheduled to start 7/14, that would mean gas production would be halted for six weeks? I thought that Flat Rock was going to help bolster production in general, so maybe our early '14 orders will come out of Hermosillo? Who knows I guess. Congrats on the order!
Last I dug up/dealer kind of confirmed with me/what I've seen. Hybrid production starts 7/15/13 in Mexico. All other production (gas) starts 9/3/13 in Flat Rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertmustang98gt View Post
Congrats on the order as well. As much gripe as people give the 2.0 EcoBoost, I have zero reasons to complain coming from the 2.5L.
Test drove both 2013 engines, and, the 1.6l EB just didn't have the punch I was looking for. I'm still young (26), and I'm at that age where I still want a little zip when I give it the beans, but no hooniganism. Got back in the 2.0l EB, and I have a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
Just want to note that a lot of the things you didn't like (besides the seats) of the Ti you drove aren't part of the standard Ti package (or at least weren't part of the 2013 package).

But gratz on the new car. Hope it comes in ASAP for you and I hope that they have worked out some of the growing pains.
I have to look at it this way. My speced out 2014 SE before A-Plan is $30,735. An equal base Ti with my options (wheels/nav, etc) is $32,810. I should have stated that yes, those other features are extra options on the Ti (and the SE to an extent). However the Ti is a shade over $2,000 for the "same car" (the SE I built). I'm not going to pay $2,075 more for ambient lighting and Sony sound system by getting the Ti. (Thus, I cannot justify opting for the Ti....that's my reasoning at least...)

Last edited by wilsonfusion86; 07-11-2013 at 12:32 PM.
wilsonfusion86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
vertmustang98gt
Short Track Racer

Test drove both 2013 engines, and, the 1.6l EB just didn't have the punch I was looking for. I'm still young (26), and I'm at that age where I still want a little zip when I give it the beans, but no hooniganism. Got back in the 2.0l EB, and I have a smile on my face.

Same here, I'm 24 (today actually lol), the 2.0L is enough punch and with some performance mods it'll be a very fun DD. Sad part is, I think it'll be faster than my Mustangs before long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford General Discussion > Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan / Lincoln Zephyr & MKZ