Headliner Recall - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
heronbone
Moped Rider

Default Headliner Recall

So I heard somewhere that there's a recall with the headliners in the 2013's. It's because they were coming apart and/or becoming wrinkley and stuff. I looked at mine and mine was getting that way and also had some brown spots on it. I took it into the dealership and they said yup, it falls into the recall standards. So, I'm getting it replaced for free.

Check your headliner.
heronbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Sinastar
Moped Rider

Thanks for the er...Heads Up!
Sinastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
flatlander
Moped Rider

I don't know if its an official recall. The have a TSB on the headliners so if you complain about it, they will replace it. I'm getting it replaced on mine for a second time now.
flatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #4
Lenn
Go-Kart Driver

Can you post pics of the issues?
Lenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #5
heronbone
Moped Rider

I can try but I doubt they will turn out clear.

Basically, above the pillar between the front and rear window on the passenger side (on the headliner) I have some brown spots and right above that where it curves into the roof it's starting to wrinkle some. I also have some brown spots around the opening to my sunroof. I'll take some pictures when I get home but if they don't turn out well because of lighting issues or something, I'm not going to post them.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
txtenor
Short Track Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
I don't know if its an official recall. The have a TSB on the headliners so if you complain about it, they will replace it. I'm getting it replaced on mine for a second time now.

This is correct, there is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) (I believe that is the correct title) for the issue. It is not a recall because it is not a safety issue. But anyone who has the problem can mention the TSB and Ford will have to determine if they fall within the criteria for replacement per the service bulletin.

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium - BLK TI "Eleanor"
txtenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
ColePL
Moped Rider

Default headliner

I pointed out the headliner to my dealership today and they are sending photos to ford for the replacement headliner. I started noticing the spots two weeks after I bought my fusion I'm a little bummed that it needs to be changed already.

By the way, here's a few photos of what it looks like:

ColePL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
heronbone
Moped Rider

Yup, that's exactly what mine look like too.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #9
my3needsaname
Grand Am Series

Looks like a bad distribution of glue during the manufacturing process.
2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer - Stacey | Stock
my3needsaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:20 PM   #10
machausta
Go-Kart Driver

Send a message via ICQ to machausta Send a message via AIM to machausta Send a message via MSN to machausta Send a message via Yahoo to machausta

You got me looking at mine and its doing the same thing.
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford General Discussion > Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan / Lincoln Zephyr & MKZ > TSB / SSB / Recall Information