2013 Fusion ambient lighting - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
kpm1028
Bicycle Rider

Default 2013 Fusion ambient lighting

Hey guys, just bought a 13 fusion se, I'm curious if the current ambient light package ford offers is compatible on the 13 fusion or if there still waiting to release one for it. Any info would be appreciated!
kpm1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
ahanix1989

Send a message via ICQ to ahanix1989 Send a message via AIM to ahanix1989 Send a message via MSN to ahanix1989 Send a message via Yahoo to ahanix1989

The 2013 doesn't have ambient lighting available?

The "dealer-retrofit" package was crap anyway. Couple little light strips and a chincy ring for the cupholder.
ahanix1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
fcorona76
Go-Kart Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahanix1989 View Post

The "dealer-retrofit" package was crap anyway. Couple little light strips and a chincy ring for the cupholder.
True that. The $250 Ford aftermarket system is less than half of what the original equipment lighting system contains. If you want the real deal you can expect to pay in excess of $600 in parts from Ford including the OEM cup holder bezel, button bezel, lights, controllers, etc.
fcorona76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
txtenor
Short Track Racer

Quote:

The 2013 does have ambient lighting available but it's only standard on Titanium

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium - BLK TI "Eleanor"
txtenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #5
Reedus
Go-Kart Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorona76 View Post
True that. The $250 Ford aftermarket system is less than half of what the original equipment lighting system contains. If you want the real deal you can expect to pay in excess of $600 in parts from Ford including the OEM cup holder bezel, button bezel, lights, controllers, etc.
I was wondering if you could explain this a little more. I was told by the dealer when I bought my car that ambient lighting was factory installed and not available as an add-on, but I bought some splash guards from another dealer and they told me I CAN order it and have it installed. It costs about $250 for the kit and about $300 for installation. I was under the impression that it's the same ambient lighting that comes standard on the Titanium. Is it not?
Reedus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
bbf2530
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedus View Post
I was wondering if you could explain this a little more. I was told by the dealer when I bought my car that ambient lighting was factory installed and not available as an add-on, but I bought some splash guards from another dealer and they told me I CAN order it and have it installed. It costs about $250 for the kit and about $300 for installation. I was under the impression that it's the same ambient lighting that comes standard on the Titanium. Is it not?
Hi Reedus. As mentioned above, even if it is available for the 2013 models, the "ambient lighting" kit available as an aftermarket add-on is not the same as the factory system. Not even close.

Good luck.
bbf2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Reedus
Go-Kart Driver

What are the differences? I've searched around online but info is scarce and what I can find is very conflicting.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
ahanix1989

Send a message via ICQ to ahanix1989 Send a message via AIM to ahanix1989 Send a message via MSN to ahanix1989 Send a message via Yahoo to ahanix1989

The dealer kit is a cheezy plastic ring you clip into the cupholder (instead of the integrated one) and two light bars for the front footwells, rather than LEDs in the center console shining in all four footwells. Dealer kit won't light the storage compartment either. I'd imagine the control button is crappier too
ahanix1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
txtenor
Short Track Racer

You don't want to waste money on a kit that has rings for the cup holders because you can't use them in the 2013 anyway. They decided to not include cup holders as part of the ambient lighting in the 2013 Fusion...not sure why...I was kinda looking forward to watching my water bottles light up

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium - BLK TI "Eleanor"
txtenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #10
Reedus
Go-Kart Driver

Quote:
The dealer kit is a cheezy plastic ring you clip into the cupholder (instead of the integrated one) and two light bars for the front footwells, rather than LEDs in the center console shining in all four footwells. Dealer kit won't light the storage compartment either. I'd imagine the control button is crappier too
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtenor View Post
You don't want to waste money on a kit that has rings for the cup holders because you can't use them in the 2013 anyway. They decided to not include cup holders as part of the ambient lighting in the 2013 Fusion...not sure why...I was kinda looking forward to watching my water bottles light up
See, now those are two conflicting stories. One says there is a crappy cupholder light and the other says there aren't cupholder lights at all. I've gotten similar conflicting info elsewhere as well. When I spoke with the dealer, they told me the kit was for the cupholders and footwells.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Ford Fusion Visual / Audio > Interior Modifications