2013 Fusion Low Beam and Fog HID Install - Page 2 - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
wireless
Le Mans: GT Class

Output shots yet?

'10 Sterling Grey Fusion SE 2.5L, EvoX-R retrofit
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #12
Duqlaw
Bicycle Rider

Just got my sterling grey titanium a couple days ago, and this thread was instrumental in installing my hid's. had already installed led parking lights, and will be finishing install of fog lights when they are delivered. Will definitely submit pics, as I'm sure once you see, you will want to do upgrade/mod as well. Will post again with pics as soon as I finish fog light install. Thanks for starting this thread, as I would've shredded the skin off my hands without it!
Duqlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 AM   #13
elodam
Moped Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duqlaw View Post
Just got my sterling grey titanium a couple days ago, and this thread was instrumental in installing my hid's. had already installed led parking lights, and will be finishing install of fog lights when they are delivered. Will definitely submit pics, as I'm sure once you see, you will want to do upgrade/mod as well. Will post again with pics as soon as I finish fog light install. Thanks for starting this thread, as I would've shredded the skin off my hands without it!
Could you provide a quick walk thru on headlight removal?

Correction.. I just need to know which bolts to remove to access the bulbs.. Please and thank you
Debadged (Except Hybrid Logos) - Window Tint - 20% Front and Rear, 5% on Back Window - 504A Apperance Package -Rear Decklid Spoiler -18" 5 Spoke Sport Wheels - Moonroof w/ Universal Garage Door Opener - Adaptive Crusie - SE Technology Hybrid Package - 110 Volt Outlet - Reverse Camera - Reverse Sensing System
MY MPG BLOG http://fusionhybridmpg.blogspot.com/

Last edited by elodam; 12-10-2012 at 09:00 AM.
elodam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
larryinfl
Le Mans: Prototype Class

I believe to take the headlight off you need to remove the bumper. I found that removing the bolts holding the headlight in along the top allowed me to move the headlight forward a little bit, which helped make some room to ease the install.
larryinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
Duqlaw
Bicycle Rider

Agreed. It only gives you a little bit of wiggle room, but it is enough to remove the crap and put in something good.
Larry, how did you do the fog lights? Based on my "scoping" it out, I have assumed I need to remove the fasteners and the single bolt in front of each wheel well to gain access to the fogs. I got my bulbs in today's mail, and have already removed the fasteners, I'm just going to wait on your expert response to finalize.
Thanks!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #16
lcaulford
Go-Kart Driver

just installed my 8000k 55w watt kit on my 2013 man i really am not looking forward to replacing those bulbs it is very difficult to get to them
lcaulford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #17
lcaulford
Go-Kart Driver

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #18
elodam
Moped Rider

Did you cut a slit in the rubber socket cover that is behind the bulb (on the outside of the headlight assembly)??
Debadged (Except Hybrid Logos) - Window Tint - 20% Front and Rear, 5% on Back Window - 504A Apperance Package -Rear Decklid Spoiler -18" 5 Spoke Sport Wheels - Moonroof w/ Universal Garage Door Opener - Adaptive Crusie - SE Technology Hybrid Package - 110 Volt Outlet - Reverse Camera - Reverse Sensing System
MY MPG BLOG http://fusionhybridmpg.blogspot.com/
elodam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #19
lcaulford
Go-Kart Driver

i didnt right now the caps are just off
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #20
Duqlaw
Bicycle Rider

Anyone care to explain the foglight install? I'd really like to finish the mod and post pics to help everyone else out, but I need assistance on access to fogs. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Exterior Lighting