2013 Fusion Low Beam and Fog HID Install - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
larryinfl
Le Mans: Prototype Class

Default 2013 Fusion Low Beam and Fog HID Install

Just wanted to post up some info on my HID install for my lows and fogs I did this weekend on my 2013 Fusion.

Getting to the bulbs is not that easy. The manual actually tells you to have your dealer replace you low beam bulbs for you. The manual actually tells you to see the dealer to replace nearly every bulb in the car.

I went with 55w 6k for my lows and 35w 6k for my fogs.

A few notes:

1 - I needed a relay harness for my low beams. My lows would not come on at all when the car was on. They did work fine if the engine was off. But as soon as I started the engine they would go out. I did not need a relay harness for the fog lights.

2 - I removed all the easily accessible bolts that were holding the headlamp. It allows you to move around the headlamp a bit to make reaching in for the bulb a bit easier.

3 - While installing the driver side fog was very easy, the passenger side is a PITA. The windshield washer fluid tank is right behind the light. So you need to reach under and up to get to the bulb. Putting the HID bulb in and tightening was a PITA. I ended up getting it in place and then used some pliers with tape on the end (to not damage the wiring) to tighten it.

My parking lights are super yellow in comparison. So I just orders some LED bulbs off of ebay for about $7. The parking light bulb size is: W5W

I'll try to get a pic soon to post it up here.

Follow us on Facebook: Click Here
larryinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
elodam
Moped Rider

planning on doing this... just didnt know where to begin on this car... pics would be greatly appreciated
elodam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #3
wireless
Le Mans: GT Class

I'm curious to see the output. Please post some pictures on a wall at 25' at least.

'10 Sterling Grey Fusion SE 2.5L, EvoX-R retrofit
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
larryinfl

I did some tweaking to the aim of the headlights last night. They were a bit too high. I don't have a flat surface to do a proper adjustment at home. I'm hoping to have some time tonight after work to do some tweaking here at the office. I'll try to get some pics.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
wireless
Le Mans: GT Class

Sounds awesome! I'm curious to know if the 2013+ Fusions have foreground limiters on their projectors. I know the bixenon projectors that the Fords are using now are Hella E55 variants, so the EvoX-R is a direct swap and a much better projector, esp. if a custom foreground limiter is put onto the EvoX-R.

But yeah, keep us updated, I'm very curious to see how the beam pattern is.... I really hope it's not laser-beam esque like the 2010-2012 lol

'10 Sterling Grey Fusion SE 2.5L, EvoX-R retrofit
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Iwantanewcar
Bicycle Rider

Larry,

Where did you get the HID's. I have always used HIDExtra, but have read some really bad reviews lately and think that the HID Extra company that I bought my lights from is a different HIDExtra company then the one that exists today.

Thanks
Iwantanewcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
larryinfl

I get mine at vvme.com. For the price I think they are the best you can get. Typically in this price range you run into issues. But I've installed several kits from them with no issues and you can find a good bit of vvme users on this forum as well.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
seasonalskier

Send a message via AIM to seasonalskier Send a message via Yahoo to seasonalskier

Theretrofitsource.com sells an excellent HID kit from Morimoto. It comes with everything you would need to install it and the quality is top notch, well worth the extra money IMO. And it also comes with some of the best customer support I have ever seen.
seasonalskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
elodam
Moped Rider

Did you have to remove the bumper??
elodam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
larryinfl

Nope.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Exterior Lighting