Ecoboost Tuners?!? - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
operator
Administrator

Default Ecoboost Tuners?!?

Anyone know what companies most likely will provide tunes for the FI 1.6L and 2.0L Fusions?

Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
biggee72
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to biggee72

If steeda doesnt they aremissing the boat. Have you checked with fswerks? Im curiousto see of the focus st programming is similar across the ford lineup.
biggee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:08 AM   #3
07SGT5687
Bicycle Rider

Sure would like to know myself... going to trade in on a '13 Titanium 2.0EB with 19" Dark H-Spokes this weekend and would like to order an SCT and tune right away. Can't believe none of the major tuner shops aren't jumping all over these EB's. I'm sure there is a quite a bit of power to be had in just a tune/CAI.

So impatiently I wait...
07SGT5687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
larryinfl
Le Mans: Prototype Class

It's a matter of SCT supporting the vehicle via the tuning device firmware. When I got my 2013 a few weeks ago we plugged in a tuner and the car was able to read the tuner. Which is the first step. We contacted SCT and passed on the info. They said they would work on a base tune for the car and we were told about 4 weeks. However, I would expect to wait a bit longer.

I'll make sure to post info here when available. I have my eye on a tuner for my 2013 Titanium.
larryinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
StealthFusion
Short Track Racer

This will definitely be happening. SCT already has focus ecoboost tunes. Fusion support isn't too far off.
http://www.sctflash.com/showproducts.php
StealthFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
skinrock
Short Track Racer

I sent an email to SoCal COBB to see if they'd be interested in using my car to create OTS maps, as well as giving me a custom tune. They already released the AccessPort for the Focus ST, so I don't see why the Fusion couldn't be done as well.
skinrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #7
skinrock
Short Track Racer

Well COBB is a no go. Apparently it's something they will "evaluate once the Focus ST tune can stand on its own". Not sure what that means or how it relates to the Fusion, especially since I was offering mine up for testing. Funny that they offer tunes for BMW 5 Series and Subaru Foresters, but they don't want to touch a car with an engine they've already tuned...
Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #8
StealthFusion
Short Track Racer

They are clearly working out some issues with the Focus ST tunes. I strongly believe that they are waiting to see how the ecoboost 1.6 & 2.0 do under increased load and with more power. The cooling system is very sensitive and may be the weak point on these vehicles. Cobb would rather wait and do research before committing so that no one blows an engine.
These things should not be rushed, and having been a tester for other tunes, etc.. Its not always what its cracked up to be. Being 1st isnt always the best, especially if it results in engine damage. Cobb or SCT would not be liable and I would hate to have to get a new engine, I can only imagine the costs.
StealthFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #9
skinrock
Short Track Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFusion View Post
They are clearly working out some issues with the Focus ST tunes. I strongly believe that they are waiting to see how the ecoboost 1.6 & 2.0 do under increased load and with more power. The cooling system is very sensitive and may be the weak point on these vehicles. Cobb would rather wait and do research before committing so that no one blows an engine.
These things should not be rushed, and having been a tester for other tunes, etc.. Its not always what its cracked up to be. Being 1st isnt always the best, especially if it results in engine damage. Cobb or SCT would not be liable and I would hate to have to get a new engine, I can only imagine the costs.
I realize that, I had a custom tune done by COBB on my BMW. I eventually switched to another company who had an E85 sensor and fuel pump upgrade, and ultimately I went with their turbo upgrade which put me at 600rwp and 500rwtq. Only 4 others had done it at the time. It's definitely a little scary being at the frontline.

That being said, we're only talking about Stage 1 maps, of which they already have v101 released for the ST. It's not listed as beta on the site, so they must have some confidence with it. I just thought it was odd they wouldn't even consider it, there's no way to see how it handles unless you test it out.

Either way, I'll go with whoever gets it out first.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
ddannen
Short Track Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinfl View Post
It's a matter of SCT supporting the vehicle via the tuning device firmware. When I got my 2013 a few weeks ago we plugged in a tuner and the car was able to read the tuner. Which is the first step. We contacted SCT and passed on the info. They said they would work on a base tune for the car and we were told about 4 weeks. However, I would expect to wait a bit longer.

I'll make sure to post info here when available. I have my eye on a tuner for my 2013 Titanium.
Definitely keep us posted!
2013 Ford Fusion 2.0 I-4
I wonder if my next car will be 2 cylinders?
ddannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Engine & Drivetrain