Bad carrier bearing problem - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
07blackmkz
Go-Kart Driver

Default Bad carrier bearing problem

After going to the dealer where i bought my car for them to inspect this weird humming noise, they found its a bad carrier bearing. The whole driveshaft needs to be replaced with the bearing, and I bought an extended warranty, they said theyd cover it, only if ford wouldnt because i should still have a 6year/60k factory warranty. SO i called ford and they gave me some it may not be covered crap if its damaged and not defective, but i did some research earlier, and it seems to have been a common problem with the awd milans and mkz's, anyone else experience this and was there a recall I should know about?
07blackmkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
biggee72
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to biggee72

No recall but was a major issue in 07ish yrs. i used to buy surplus direct from ford and i remember them offering me hundreds of bad fusion shafts. When i went out to customers around dearborn they all had bought tons from ford already for $5 each. Ford wouldnt have them if they didnt replace thousands of them. Being 2007 the car was only out for a year which shows the number of issues.
biggee72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
07blackmkz
Go-Kart Driver

well that sucks, im just hopiong they arent going to give me shit about it almost being the end of the factory warranty
07blackmkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Engine & Drivetrain