Service Advancetrac - FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum

FMVPerformance.com is the premier Ford Fusion Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
theboothsociety
Go-Kart Driver

Default Service Advancetrac

Just got my 2012 Fusion SEL I4 a few weeks ago, less than 900 miles on it. Was driving home from work yesterday, I might have been pushing it a little faster because I was in a rush to get home, but nothing crazy. Out of nowhere, "Service Advancetrac" appeared on my dash. I looked it up on the forum and found a few articles about it, some saying to turn the car off and turn it back on. When I got in my car a half hour later, it was still on. Went out to eat, got back in the car, it was gone.

Is this something I should be concerned about? And what is advancetrac. I also noticed the traction control button below the AC controls. Can someone fill me in on this feature and when I should use it?
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
wireless
Le Mans: GT Class

Default Re: Service Advancetrac

Hope you're liking your Fusion!

First and foremost - there are two separate things: Traction control, and stability control.
Traction control prevents excessive wheel spin, and stability control will prevent your car from, say sliding on the road, or if you take a turn too fast it can apply the brakes for you, etc.
Traction control, you would want to use primarily in ice/snow or rainy conditions, and the same with stability control.
If you really enjoy spirited driving, you can turn both off, but just be warned that disabling them can be a safety risk.

Second, as for a solution: I'd take it straight to the dealer since you still have a warranty.

'10 Sterling Grey Fusion SE 2.5L, EvoX-R retrofit
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
10sbmsport

Stability Control cannot be simply turned off.

It would be great if the button did that, but it does not. Only traction control can be turned off.

To disable AdvanceTrac (Stability and Traction) a fuse needs to be pulled. The lights will turn on signaling an issue, but the systems will be disabled.

This is useful when drag racing, dyno testing, and autocrossing.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
wireless

Err, then what does the button do..? My car doesn't have a TCS button.

'10 Sterling Grey Fusion SE 2.5L, EvoX-R retrofit
wireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FordFusionClub.com : The #1 Ford Fusion Forum > Technical / Model / Performance for the Fusion, Milan, Zephyr > Engine & Drivetrain